Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

25 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

They didn't play Paranoid Android.

if they don't play Paranoid Android at Glastonbury and play something like the Gloaming, I am going to be quite angry.

They play Paranoid Android at Glastonbury. Almost certain - I would think 3 of No surprises, Street Spirit, Creep and Paranoid Android get an airing. 

Last time they were live on BBC was Reading and most of the big songs for airings there!

1 hour ago, fowls said:

I don't know guys. I think some OKC-related treat will happen at Glasto, but I'm not expecting a sudden seismic shift in setlists. 

Maybe not that many, but they played similar sets in gigs last year and brought out 'the hits' at festivals. This one in Berlin for example had a lot of the 'big' songs:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/treptower-park-berlin-germany-73fc461d.html

Don't think we're guaranteed a different start, but think (hope) things point towards them making it a reasonably accessible set for the atmosphere's sake.

Edited by strummer77

53 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Maybe not that many, but they played similar sets in gigs last year and brought out 'the hits' at festivals. This one in Berlin for example had a lot of the 'big' songs:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/treptower-park-berlin-germany-73fc461d.html

Don't think we're guaranteed a different start, but think (hope) things point towards them making it a reasonably accessible set for the atmosphere's sake.

There's zero chance they're not gonna do all the hits at Glastonbury - it's just whether it'll be an OK Computer focused set of hits. The deluxe edition really does seem too conveniently due for release on that Friday for a reason. I'm sure most Radiohead fans are pretty much expecting it now.

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

There's no chance tonight's gig was going to be much of a departure from the rest of the tour, doesn't make it any more or less likely they'll do something different at Glastonbury. Great to see so much IR played though 

Bingo. All bets are off for Glastonbury I think.

2 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'm willing to bet one hot and spicy cider that they'll open their set with Daydreaming.

Certainly looking more likely. If they do then you can bet there will be an exodus of casuals!

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yep true, if that's song number 2 we'll be able to stroll down to the barrier with ease! 

I hope so cos if it's not wet I intend to go and see the TBA/Elbow at the Park.  So I'll be getting to the Pyramid not long before Radiohead are on and worming my way through. :D  That's if my 'OMG Radiohead!' twitch lets me.  If that kicks in, I'll be stuck bitching at myself all the way through The XX.

I dipped in to the stream last night and out again.  Gonna be brutally honest, Thom's voice sounded BAD. :(

Fitter Happier as they walk on stage fading into the sound of radio distortion and then hitting the crowd with National Anthem IMO is the best way Radiohead can start a gig..........

It being the re-release of OKC then I think they should do the above followed by either Climbing up the walls or Lucky in place of National Anthem 

I think my fantasy opener would be:

1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. 15 Steps
4. Burn the Witch

Definitely hoping for an Oooooh opener song followed by a really big energetic song that then links into Moon-Shaped Pool.  

Edited by fowls