Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

Same here! Your three people and my three people can both enjoy Major Lazer but they don't know what they're missing

If you leave for other from the left of the Pyramid field it's easier to get back in a decent spot from the same side but the crowd is gonna be huge for Radiohead. Don't think I wanna risk it for a crap spot

I don't think it'll be that big at all. Comparable to Arcade Fire 2014 maybe.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You reckon? I don't think the other main stages have strong headliners Friday night. At least on other, west holts and JP they'd all get similar crowds. 

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, it'll most likely be the smallest of the three Pyramid headliners.

10 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

You reckon? I don't think the other main stages have strong headliners Friday night. At least on other, west holts and JP they'd all get similar crowds. 

Yeah, the other two Pyramid headliners will have much bigger crowds. Dizzee, Flaming Lips and Major Lazer will all pull big crowds. Can't speak for Annie Mac really.

52 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, it'll most likely be the smallest of the three Pyramid headliners.

easily the smallest of the 3 headliner crowds overall, quite likely to be their smallest Pyramid gig of their 3 (97, 03) but...of this years' headliners, also probably the largest percentage of crowd eyeing a pit spot though vs the other two. could be hard getting in/out of there.

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, the other two Pyramid headliners will have much bigger crowds. Dizzee, Flaming Lips and Major Lazer will all pull big crowds. Can't speak for Annie Mac really.

Status Quo will be rammed too

[Fitter Happier]
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Ful Stop
4. The National Anthem
5. Myxomatosis
6. Optimistic
7. Pyramid Song
8. Present Tense
9. Nude
10. Lift
11. No Surprises
12. Reckoner
13. Lotus Flower
14. Let Down
15. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
16. Daydreaming
17. Everything in Its Right Place
18. Idioteque 

19. Just
20. How To Disappear Completely
21. Fake Plastic Trees
22. Karma Police

23. Creep
24. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Should get an idea from the Scandi gigs starting next week if they're tinkering with the opening salvo. My guess is if they're still going with Daydreaming/DID at those gigs it's what we will get at Glasto (it's what Coachella got). They're not gonna suddenly change opening songs for Glasto only, especially with the light show etc. 

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Should get an idea from the Scandi gigs starting next week if they're tinkering with the opening salvo. My guess is if they're still going with Daydreaming/DID at those gigs it's what we will get at Glasto (it's what Coachella got). They're not gonna suddenly change opening songs for Glasto only, especially with the light show etc. 

I really wouldn't put it past Radiohead to do something different for Glastonbury. They're making a lot of the 20th anniversary thing (OKC and Glastonbury) so I think it's well within the realms of possibility that they'll do something special for that show.

1. Airbag
  2. The National Anthem
  3. Ful Stop
  4. Lotus Flower
  5. Pyramid Song
  6. There There
  7. Identikit
  8. Let Down
  9. No Surprises
  10. Myxomatosis
  11. The Numbers
  12. Lift
  13. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  14. Present Tense
  15. Everything In Its Right Place
  16. Idioteque
  17. Fake Plastic Trees

18. Daydreaming
  19. Reckoner
  20. Bodysnatchers
  21. Paranoid Android
  22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

23. Creep
  24. Just
  25. Karma Police

Lift & Just being live debuts from this tour.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

I wouldn't have been too fussed if they'd opened with Daydreaming as long as it followed with a banger and not DID, but now it's been confirmed their set is starting at 21:30 (and therefore not in complete darkness) I'd much prefer them to start with an outright banger (preferably Airbag). Think Daydreaming would fare a lot better/be more atmospheric in the dark so the light show looks better. Near end of the main set or encore opener would be cool.

5 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

[Fitter Happier]
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Ful Stop
4. The National Anthem
5. Myxomatosis
6. Optimistic
7. Pyramid Song
8. Present Tense
9. Nude
10. Lift
11. No Surprises
12. Reckoner
13. Lotus Flower
14. Let Down
15. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
16. Daydreaming
17. Everything in Its Right Place
18. Idioteque 

19. Just
20. How To Disappear Completely
21. Fake Plastic Trees
22. Karma Police

23. Creep
24. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Swap in Bodysnatchers somewhere and that is perfect.

Group of 8 of us going, only me and one of my mates (both big radiohead fans) are going, everyone else is going Dizzee Rascal which will be fun in all fairness.

I'm praying they play Nude and How to Disappear Completely. I think I'll be a wreck during the latter though.

Edited by Wilfko

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I wouldn't have been too fussed if they'd opened with Daydreaming as long as it followed with a banger and not DID, but now it's been confirmed their set is starting at 21:30 (and therefore not in complete darkness) I'd much prefer them to start with an outright banger (preferably Airbag). Think Daydreaming would fare a lot better/be more atmospheric in the dark so the light show looks better. Near end of the main set or encore opener would be cool.

That's a good point. Those lights will be nowhere near as good in the fading sunlight. Maybe we will get a different opener! 

1 hour ago, ThomZorke said:

Their first interview in a really long time. Mostly about the "OK Computer" anniversary but with some hints at the end of what the future might hold for the band.

interesting article, the ending seems optimistic though! doesn't sound like the band see AMSP as their last album, as rumours suggested.

Yeah it's encouraging. Thom seems in good form and they are enjoying this tour. Even mentioned the idea of a live album but I won't hold my breath. I'd love AMSP from the basement. Pity it wasn't a UK magazine, they might have asked something about Glasto.

Edited by Madyaker

1) I found this thread on page 3... Absolutely pathetic.

2) I have 2 spare tickets for Radiohead's Manchester show on the 5th July. They're both standing. Me and another friend will still be going so you will need to meet us outside the venue so we can go in together (for ID purpose). Tickets are face value £82.50 (Inc booking fees). Let me know if any of you are interested. 

19 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah it's encouraging. Thom seems in good form and they are enjoying this tour. Even mentioned the idea of a live album but I won't hold my breath. I'd love AMSP from the basement. Pity it wasn't a UK magazine, they might have asked something about Glasto.

I'm not sure he's talking about a live album. I think he means he could be persuaded to make an album where the whole band are playing in the same room, old school, like when they made OKC. Since Kid A I don't think they have worked in that way.

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

2) I have 2 spare tickets for Radiohead's Manchester show on the 5th July. They're both standing. Me and another friend will still be going so you will need to meet us outside the venue so we can go in together (for ID purpose). Tickets are face value £82.50 (Inc booking fees). Let me know if any of you are interested. 

damn. If it was the 4th I would have bitten your hand off! 

2 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Hi, my mates interested in the tickets, any chance I can secure at least one? Cheers 

2 hours ago, ericlered said:

I'm not sure he's talking about a live album. I think he means he could be persuaded to make an album where the whole band are playing in the same room, old school, like when they made OKC. Since Kid A I don't think they have worked in that way.

That's how I read the article, which I found pretty surprising. Obviously Kid A, Amnesiac and The King Of Limbs weren't recorded in a traditional band way, but good chunks of HYATT and In Rainbows certainly sounded like there were products of rehearsal rooms + especially There There + Jigsaw.