Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

How often are the big guitar tracks from The Bends on their recent setlists? The bends, Bones or Planet Telex in particular.

I'd love them to open with The Bends, off with a big old nostalgic bang.

Edited by Wilfko

If you get fake plastic trees or street spirit that'll probably be it? I think planet telex and just have been played on this tour so who knows. No chance of an opening track off the bends though. If we're lucky they'll open with something off ok computer. But I think we'll get daydreaming and desert island disk just like coachella.

53 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's how I read the article, which I found pretty surprising. Obviously Kid A, Amnesiac and The King Of Limbs weren't recorded in a traditional band way, but good chunks of HYATT and In Rainbows certainly sounded like there were products of rehearsal rooms + especially There There + Jigsaw.

Yeah that surprised me as well. I always assumed most of In Rainbows was recorded on that way. 

I'd be very interested a new Radiohead album using the recording techniques from OKC and The Bends. I don't want them to release another record that sounds just like those, but if they can use those techniques but with a different musical slant, it could be very interesting.

5 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

1) I found this thread on page 3... Absolutely pathetic.

2) I have 2 spare tickets for Radiohead's Manchester show on the 5th July. They're both standing. Me and another friend will still be going so you will need to meet us outside the venue so we can go in together (for ID purpose). Tickets are face value £82.50 (Inc booking fees). Let me know if any of you are interested. 

I'd love to go, me and a friend are very interested, but think they should go to someone who won't be at glastonbury to see them, if you can't find anyone however we'd gladly take both though 

I'm contemplating ditching Anderson Paak to ensure a reasonable location for Radiohead. Having just listened to their two albums, I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for how to stay awake during the XX's performance? I liked the intro tune in XX, and thought, ooh this might be a good album that I've somehow missed over the years, but then... are they better live? 

49 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm contemplating ditching Anderson Paak to ensure a reasonable location for Radiohead. Having just listened to their two albums, I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for how to stay awake during the XX's performance? I liked the intro tune in XX, and thought, ooh this might be a good album that I've somehow missed over the years, but then... are they better live? 

Have you heard the new album?  Much more upbeat than the first two.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it really confirmed what I'd always known, but didn't want to admit - that second record is a dud.  I think the latest might be my favourite.

I think I didn't help things by listening to the 1st and 2nd album back to back- that second one is pretty bland

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm in a similar boat, try as I have I just can't get on with The Xx.

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

I think I didn't help things by listening to the 1st and 2nd album back to back- that second one is pretty bland

Yeah, I think you're right. They latched onto the sparseness of the first album as being their "thing" and ran with it, but the new one feels like they're (well, Jamie) having fun playing with more sounds rather than trying hard to keep things stripped down.  There's certainly a backbeat on far more songs.

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

I read all the positivity about how "ravey" their live shows are, so went along to Brixton cos Robyn was supporting. It was ok. Maybe that only counts as ravey to XX fans...

It is relative, they've not turned into a hard techno act, that's for sure.  Compared to their last album, a bored monkey hitting a snare would be a rave.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Tobyphilbin said:

Hi, my mates interested in the tickets, any chance I can secure at least one? Cheers 

I also have 1 spare standing ticket for Wednesday the 5th July if anyone interested. I will be going but my girlfriend now cannot make it so I can meet whoever wants it on the day.

Face value of £82.50 obviously.

p.s. Love the new song. Hopefully gets an outing at one of the Manchester gigs.

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego