Next Announcement thread

Matt42

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's called 'marketing'.

Bullshit only for the sake of bullshitting.

Sure, but I'm not convinced that it will have any more effect next week than it would this week from a marketing point of view.  But perhaps that's just my impatience talking.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Sure, but I'm not convinced that it will have any more effect next week than it would this week from a marketing point of view.  But perhaps that's just my impatience talking.  

yep, I don't think there's really any marketing benefit for Glastonbury, but I think they've perhaps been suckered by the idea that if others are doing their announcements staggered than Glastonbury needs to be doing it that way too. ... which only gets to prove that marketing gets marketed. :lol:

Then again, perhaps the date of 1st June has relevance, in that one or more acts on the bill have contracts that mean they can't be announced before 1st June because of the possible impact on other shows they need to sell.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

yep, I don't think there's really any marketing benefit for Glastonbury, but I think they've perhaps been suckered by the idea that if others are doing their announcements staggered than Glastonbury needs to be doing it that way too. ... which only gets to prove that marketing gets marketed. :lol:

Then again, perhaps the date of 1st June has relevance, in that one or more acts on the bill have contracts that mean they can't be announced before 1st June because of the possible impact on other shows they need to sell.

As in Kendrick Lamar? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Is it possible that they say June 1st like they say April 1st for the headliners? Just like a general mark?

The thing is though, they're not really staggering their announcements, because the majority of people going haven't really given much of a shit about anything that's announced between the first poster and the big poster. If they wanted to properly stagger the announcements to keep people interested they need to include the main stages. Outside of this forum I don't think it's keeping people interested I think it's just frustrating them waiting for a proper announcement.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's possible i guess, but I don't think so.

Fair enough.

It just seems weird that they have a specific date that they could've used before when asked about the line up. LIke last year, Emily responded to someone who asked with "June 2nd" and this year she said "a couple of weeks" - not the date they're preparing for nor "next month".

Sorry for the Columbo re-run y'all

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's a solid reason why Kendrick might have to be held back.

There isn't for The National as far as I'm aware.

The National are billed as a UK exclusive ("their only UK show") at Latitude so could be holding them back for that.  I still very much doubt it will be them though