Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Then again, it's just occurred to me that the idea suggested to me of Beyonce would work for that too, as she has UK dates from the end of June. If she is playing this year there's almost-certainly something in place to protect the sales of her own shows.

Isn't Rhianna in the UK as well?

1 minute ago, jparx said:

The crushing disappointment if Rihanna is in that slot and not Radiohead OR Kendrick...

For you perhaps. Adele fans might have a different view.

Given the choice of Radiohead subbing this year (which doesn't make sense to me) or headlining next year I know which I'd choose.

Just now, big__phil said:

Isn't Rhianna in the UK as well?

Travesty of its Rhianna.... But it fits into this strong female line up.... Beyoncé is just too good to sub really. Her global super stardom is probably actually bigger than adeles. Just wouldn't get why they did that. must be kendrick or RH

4 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Given the choice of Radiohead subbing this year (which doesn't make sense to me) or headlining next year I know which I'd choose.

Adele fans have got Adele, they shouldn't be greedy.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Oh yeah, I'm well aware Rihanna would be a very pleasing booking for a lot of people :P 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Adele fans have got Adele, they shouldn't be greedy.

Haha, true.

My (badly made) point was that the festival seem to plan acts on the Pyramid so the field doesn't totally empty before the headliner. Radiohead in to Adele seems like a drastic shift in tone.

That said, if they had the chance to book Radiohead this year and not next I could see the appeal of them going as a guest.

6 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Haha, true.

My (badly made) point was that the festival seem to plan acts on the Pyramid so the field doesn't totally empty before the headliner. Radiohead in to Adele seems like a drastic shift in tone.

That said, if they had the chance to book Radiohead this year and not next I could see the appeal of them going as a guest.

Yeah I get that. It seems it's a moot point anyway as folk have said above that Rihanna is busy on Saturday.

Beyonce is actually one who I'd put in your Radiohead category above, in that they may prefer to try and bring her back as a headliner next year.

I definitely think Kendrick is a good shout. Has the mainstream appeal to work before Adele, is in the UK at the time,  would tick the box of giving an up and coming artist their break.

I'm still concerned we're going to end up with something completely out of left field a la The Who last year.

8 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Haha, true.

No worse than Nick Cave into anyone

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah I get that. It seems it's a moot point anyway as folk have said above that Rihanna is busy on Saturday.

Beyonce is actually one who I'd put in your Radiohead category above, in that they may prefer to try and bring her back as a headliner next year.

I definitely think Kendrick is a good shout. Has the mainstream appeal to work before Adele, is in the UK at the time,  would tick the box of giving an up and coming artist their break.

I'm still concerned we're going to end up with something completely out of left field a la The Who last year.

Maybe it's actually The Who again.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Hi,

I scrolled back and saw the Blue Chicken message, can someone please enlighten me as to why this is such a trusted source as I didn't get that far back.

Ta!

Some band's booking agent that was miffed they weren't on the original poster - they got a response from festival that the full lineup would be out June 1st.  If I have the right message that you're after

Yeah I was the guy who had the info that Kendrick was headlining the other stage with New Order, my mate was told this by Blossoms. Still maybe at a push could possible happen but who knows but maybe it was just a fluke :)

39 minutes ago, p.pete said:

No worse than Nick Cave into anyone

I was just thinking of that.  That was one of the funniest experiences, watching all these Mumford fangirls with flowers in their hair wondering what on earth had hit them when Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds burst out on stage.  Fantastic gig!

Just now, StevieGed said:

If you could have kendrick run through one album live top to bottom would it be GKMC or TPAB? I still prefer GKMC to either section 80 or TPAB but I'm eager to see the stage production and live band to some of the songs coming from TPAB

GKMC is without doubt his best album. I think people who prefer TPAB just jumped on the bandwagon late and that's the first one they heard. GKMC is a masterpiece and one of the greatest albums of the last 20 years. TPAB is great but it rehashes a lot of ideas.