Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Next Wednesday is three weeks before gates open. I would expect a huge information dump of everything - lineup, stage breaks and set times.

They usually drop the times 2-3 weeks before gates so it fits about right.

Haven't we usually had word from the programme printers by now?

Could be thursday 2nd june. It was the 2nd june last year.

full announcement has gotta be this week surly? if not then they are starting to get a tad annoying! plenty of fun and games for all the fans of electronic stuff out there with whats been announced so far but very little for those of us more bothered about the other stages (park, west holts, jp, other etc etc)  what possible reason do they have to delaying now all tickets are pretty much gone? 

16 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah it actually was a mistake, turns out those dates are the end of july and not the end of june. So over Glastonbury he's likely to be in the UK as it's just before his BST gig.

No he's playing Essence Festival in New Orleans the same weekend as BST. For some reason he was down to play it before BST (so must have been the Friday) but has now been changed to Sunday.

The fact he had an American date between Glasto and BST, coupled with their exclusivity claim, made it seem like it wasn't happening. This change of day so promising.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

No he's playing Essence Festival in New Orleans the same weekend as BST. For some reason he was down to play it before BST (so must have been the Friday) but has now been changed to Sunday.

The fact he had an American date between Glasto and BST, coupled with their exclusivity claim, made it seem like it wasn't happening. This change of day so promising.

So he's playing BST Saturday and New Orleans Sunday? Ambitious!

kendrick lamar or rihanna or beyonce would be total letdowns to anyone expecting it to be someone legendary like radiohead or the roses etc etc itd be just like psshh more poppy bollocks for the masses...really hoping its not any of them, isnt adele and sodding coldplay headlining enough for that kind of generic chart friendly music fan? 

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

kendrick lamar or rihanna or beyonce would be total letdowns to anyone expecting it to be someone legendary like radiohead or the roses etc etc itd be just like psshh more poppy bollocks for the masses...really hoping its not any of them, isnt adele and sodding coldplay headlining enough for that kind of generic chart friendly music fan? 

Kendrick Lamar

"more poppy bollocks for the masses"

"generic chart... music" 

Wtf?

3 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Have you ever listened to Kendrick Lamar? He's like the Radiohead of hip hop.

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Kendrick Lamar would be a much more inspired, forward thinking booking than the bloody Roses, especially with that stinker of a new tune.

And if he's "poppy bollocks for the masses" I'm going to go out on a limb and say you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Stone Roses would be more "for the masses" than Kendrick.

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Wouldn't really lump kendrick Lamar in with Rihanna and Beyoncé to be totally honest, personally hoping for Kendrick over anyone else mentioned

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It is taking longer than usual tho. In the Donwood poster era, we haven't been stuck on one for so long without a big main stage announcement. It looks as if they've traded the main stages poster for all the other areas which I think worked a lot better last year as there was a smaller gap between the final headliner and the big reveal, so yeah this year is a lot more drawn out and certainly feels it.

I can't imagine it's just for the satisfaction of obscuring one act when they can and do put "TBA" on the poster now and then, which is replaced by the act's name at some point before the gates open.

what i meant, but put much more eloquently!

Just now, RyanS said:

Is Kendrick considered "generic chart music" now? Whereas The Stone Roses are what?  A left field, underground act?

My thoughts exactly, released two excellent albums and due to them doing well is now considered chart music... Personally think he would be class

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

I have been saying for years that Glastonbury needs more white dudes with guitars.

First dance music, then 'rappers', now women...what's the world coming to? We need more lads with guitars dammit!

if they are really waiting for the permission to announce the saturday pyramid sub until the 1st june they could easily just reveal the lineup with "special guests" in that slot. It doesn't seem reasonable to hold the lineup back this long for the sake of one measly act.

its their choice the way that they do it, i just reserve the right to get annoyed by it! why would one act hold up revealing park, west holts hell even the other stage.

of course it could be more than just this saturday pyramid sub but its all we have to go on by way of reason.

I have recently set my alarm clock tone to Rihanna's "Work". Her subtle tones of werkwerkwerkwerkwerk really motivate me in the morning.

As a side note, I am a huge Radiohead fan, but would be absolutely made up to see Kendrick Lamar.