Headliners 2017

Harmonic Prospector

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, willutalk said:

I genuinely don't think Ed Sheeran has the show to fill capacity for a headline performance on what is a huge stage.

He'd need a backing band, which I've never seen him have before.

Sub is where he'll belong and stay  I reckon.

Solid hype up act.

He played 3 nights at Wembley stadium, there's no doubt about it he could headline Glastonbury 

4 hours ago, evilduck said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever heard a Kendrick Lamar song. I know he's pretty big, but Glastonbury headline-size?

There is no chance he'll headline next year so you're safe.

58 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/92519

You'd have to think they would have some unfinished business at Glasto. Definitely headline worthy and despite the festival not paying as much, would be worth more in album sales than any other festival. 

I think it's nailed myself. I'd be surprised if we needed to predict more than one more header at this point.

Wouldn't say it's nailed at all, Michael Eavis may choose acts with more widespread popularity and/or a better live reputation. Roses may well go for festivals that will give them a bigger payday. But sure as hell hope it happens. All the people watching on TV will say it was terrible, but it won't matter to most people there. 

Edited by arcade fireman

• 1 month later...

Whilst I'm temporarily unemployed (anyone need a 3d artist...?) I get to enjoy programmes like Pressure Point whilst eating my lunch. Today, a guy called Richard B told John Barrowman that he was headlining Glastonbury next year and had to rest his voice so couldn't do his Britney Spears impression.

So what do we reckon? Friday?

On 17/03/2016 at 10:41 PM, kingcrawler said:

Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran.

I hope Depeche Mode headline just to see how happy it makes easty.

Only just seen this mate and have unfortunately ran out of up votes. 

I would be buzzing about it, there would be absolutely no doubt about that, but I think that would be for purely selfish reasons.

With the Roses having new music out today, I am swaying towards wanting them to do it next year. It would be more of an event and a more joyous occasion, that is for certain.

There is part of me that thinks Depeche Mode were given their chance and they turned it down for a pretty pathetic reason. The Roses were booked  and had their opportunity snatched away from them for no fault of their own.

If Roses are gonna hang about into next year, then they must do it. I don't buy that the money won't be good enough for them either. Maybe it's been the case in the recent past when they have just been playing massive nostalgia gigs, but if they're gonna release new music, then I can see them doing it. The problem is, I agreed with the Mrs to have a uneventful year next year to save a bit of money up :lol:

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not sure about the Roses seeing as they didn't get on to doing English festivals this year and have apparently been asked the last two years. Maybe the fee is just laughable to them.

Changing Foo Fighters out for Radiohead in mine; so Depeche Mode, Sheeran and Radiohead.

What's made you change your mind on Radiohead? You've had the idea that they don't want to headline again and were more likely for Bestival or Latitude for a while didn't you?

Kendrick Lamar has to headline next year. He should have headlined this year, and if they wait until 2019 it'll be way too late. They need to start booking fresh headliners whilst they are hot and not let another major festival bag him as a headliner first.

So him, Foo Fighters and Fleetwood Mac. 

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

If Roses are gonna hang about into next year, then they must do it. I don't buy that the money won't be good enough for them either. Maybe it's been the case in the recent past when they have just been playing massive nostalgia gigs, but if they're gonna release new music, then I can see them doing it. The problem is, I agreed with the Mrs to have a uneventful year next year to save a bit of money up :lol:

The Roses stretched their last comeback over two summers.  This time next year they'll have a new album that will undoubtedly sell shitloads to plug. I predict stadium gigs, which they'll make their money off and one major UK festival next summer.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Only just seen this mate and have unfortunately ran out of up votes. 

I would be buzzing about it, there would be absolutely no doubt about that, but I think that would be for purely selfish reasons.

With the Roses having new music out today, I am swaying towards wanting them to do it next year. It would be more of an event and a more joyous occasion, that is for certain.

There is part of me that thinks Depeche Mode were given their chance and they turned it down for a pretty pathetic reason. The Roses were booked  and had their opportunity snatched away from them for no fault of their own.

I guess I can say this now... Depeche Mode were definitely asked to headline in 2014, an agreement was in place however Dave Gahan was having serious issues with exhaustion / his throat a few months before and I assume that's the reason why it / they pulled.

Edited by djdavejohnson

Don't shot me for saying this, but is there any chance The Killers would come back to headline again? Rumoured new album for the end of the year so could be in a touring cycle again.

I'd love to see them so much at the Pyramid!

Just now, Ozanne said:

Don't shot me for saying this, but is there any chance The Killers would come back to headline again? Rumoured new album for the end of the year so could be in a touring cycle again.

I'd love to see them so much at the Pyramid!

I doubt it - they haven't really made an impact with their last few albums and I doubt that's gonna change with the new one. Reckon they'll just do V and possibly TITP again

8 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I guess I can say this now... Depeche Mode were definitely asked to headline in 2014, an agreement was in place however Dave Gahan was having serious issues with his throat a few months before and I assume that's the reason why it / they pulled.

I know they were asked in 2008 mate and they gave a weak as piss excuse as to why they did not do it.

http://clashmusic.com/news/depeche-mode-turn-down-glastonbury

There were strong rumours in regard to 2014 and I was gutted when I did not get a ticket. They did tour right through 2014 though and did a few festivals that summer. His throat must have been dodgy then when Glasto needed an answer.

It seems Glasto must still want them on and with a new album out next year it maybe a case of now or never.