• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Foo Fighters
Radiohead
Beyonce

would be great but i just can't see them booking Beyonce again so soon, especially with our local pop star Ed Sheeran just waiting for his UK major festival headliner debut

if Foos aren't out of their hiatus then one of Stone Roses or Depeche Mode to take their place i guess, although wouldn't be surprised if it's none of those and we get a total curveball. i don't even care. Radiohead!

On 3/18/2016 at 10:41 PM, kingcrawler said:

Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran.

I hope Depeche Mode headline just to see how happy it makes easty.

Ha ha @eastynh I didn't realise what a mine I was treading on when I called Depeche Mode a retro group yesterday!  I will make it a point to listen to their more recent stuff - I just have very fond memories of them from my youth.

Beyonce isn't going to play Glastonbury again. It doesn't pay the big bucks and you only need to do it once to prove you're down with the 'alternative' crowd, which is why she did it in the first place. Festivals aren't part of her regular touring schedule like they are for most headline acts, so it would only serve to detract from her 2011 performance (which was widely viewed as a massive triumph, despite the views of some on here). She won't be back, unless as a guest with Coldplay or similar 

Edited by somecoolusername

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha @eastynh I didn't realise what a mine I was treading on when I called Depeche Mode a retro group yesterday!  I will make it a point to listen to their more recent stuff - I just have very fond memories of them from my youth.

Yes I am a bit of a Depeche Mode nut, probably a little more so than I am regards to New Order. The new new stuff can be a little hit and miss, but at least they try to do something different. They have a golden run of albums though from Black Celebration through to Songs Of Faith and Devotion which is just fantastic.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Yes I am a bit of a Depeche Mode nut, probably a little more so than I am regards to New Order. The new new stuff can be a little hit and miss, but at least they try to do something different. They have a golden run of albums though from Black Celebration through to Songs Of Faith and Devotion which is just fantastic.

OK - first I have to catch up with this year's lineup, then I'll listen to DM not-so-new-but-definitely-not-retro-stuff.  And I hate to admit it, but I'm not even a New Order fan either - I just quite liked them and thought it would be fun to see them..... Oh dear, I'm not doing well here am I?  But at least I'm not telling you that you need a lobotomy! 

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

OK - first I have to catch up with this year's lineup, then I'll listen to DM not-so-new-but-definitely-not-retro-stuff.  And I hate to admit it, but I'm not even a New Order fan either - I just quite liked them and thought it would be fun to see them..... Oh dear, I'm not doing well here am I?  But at least I'm not telling you that you need a lobotomy! 

New Order will be fun and a lobotomy can get to the back of the queue in regards to things I need doing :D

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

A few beers will be far more to the point than a lobotomy!  Not long now!  Am getting very excited!

I am in work now pretty much every day till a Stone Roses gig on the 18th. Then its full steam ahead for Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Even if they announce their hiatus is over at any point in the next year, the Foo Fighters will still have to write and record an album before they think about touring. You can put a big fat black line thru their name for next year.

Sometimes bands headline festivals while they're writing new albums rather than after. Radiohead played V2006 for example. And could be an excuse to do basically a greatest hits set with three or so newies thrown in. 

I'll actually be going in 2017 so here goes,

I HOPE it will be; Rage Against the Machine, Daft Punk, Kendrick Lamar

In reality something like; Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Ed Sheeran. 

Taylor Swift has announced she's taking a mini-break from music in 2017 - let's just rule her out right now.

If there's going to be a female star that does it in the next few years it'll be either Lady Gaga or Katy Peryy - both of which have albums coming out next year - but i think they'll be 2018.

So

Radiohead

Foos

Ed Sheeran

2018 - Someone, someone and Katy Perry (depending on whether her next album shows any sign of credibility yet)