Headliners 2017

Harmonic Prospector

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a hunch Sheeran won't have his album ready for next year just yet - I reckon he'l take another year off

That's just pure speculation though, mainly as he only announced a hiatus in december.

Radiohead, The Stone Roses, (Someone very mainstream that this board will question the size of)

Drake

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Can I ask you, in your capacity as efests' arbiter of open-minded listening, what did you make of Gaga's early works?

Some boss singles like Bad Romance, Poker Face, Telephone, etc. but I must admit I haven't really dug much deeper than that. Maybe my imagination, but you don't hear them round much any more...I suspect that's as much due to where I tend hang as it is about how fickle the general public are.

I should probably check out that one with the Big Man on it.

Didn't go to Glastonbury the year that she played but saw her at TITP and she aced it.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some boss singles like Bad Romance, Poker Face, Telephone, etc. but I must admit I haven't really dug much deeper than that. Maybe my imagination, but you don't hear them round much any more...I suspect that's as much due to where I tend hang as it is about how fickle the general public are.

I should probably check out that one with the Big Man on it.

Didn't go to Glastonbury the year that she played but saw her at TITP and she aced it.

I'd heard nothing from her since she disappeared up her own arse a couple of years back, then Paparazzi came on heart.fm the other day and I remembered that she was making some fucking gilded stonkers a few years ago. If she'd have carried on like that then she'd have been quite a decent headliner prospect in today's market, but as it is she decided to get all self-important and no fun instead. It's a shame.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd heard nothing from her since she disappeared up her own arse a couple of years back, then Paparazzi came on heart.fm the other day and I remembered that she was making some fucking gilded stonkers a few years ago. If she'd have carried on like that then she'd have been quite a decent headliner prospect in today's market, but as it is she decided to get all self-important and no fun instead. It's a shame.

Jesus wept.

gilded stonkers? Generic soppy pop shite more like. Lady Gaga's best stuff is her jazz covers. Her music she releases is as bland as it comes. Music for the isheep generation.

The best thing about the Adele booking is that the festival finally has a fully fledged female headliner (mind you, Judy Tzuke headlined in 1981 with first laser show ever seen at Glastonbury) and that paves the way for the second biggest female artist in the World - Taylor Swift who we know they want to book.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swizz is hopefully a case of "when not if", but I'd be a tad surprised if she's touring a new album by next summer. 

I have serious worries it wont ever happen, last year just seemed such a perfect fit. She doesn't really do a lot of festivals, and I doubt she really knows what Glastonbury is or has any interest in it.