Headliners 2017

Harmonic Prospector

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Greatests Hits are for bands that are done

I would be pretty surprised if Coldplay don't stick out a GH this November. 7 albums in, a year in which they did the Superbowl and Glastonbury, potential hiatus etc. The record company at least must be drooling over the possibility.

...but I don't think they're done.

1 minute ago, JohnnyMilb said:

Didn't Eavis say that this years and next years were booked

4 had headlined before and 2 hadn't

So - 2016 Muse and Coldplay had - Adele hasn't

2017 - I'm praying for Daft Punk or Prince as the hasn't - and not arsed about those that have headlined before tbh

Foos aint, Radiohead have, there two right there. boom boom boom.

With the speculation of Radiohead headlining next year are we thinking that, at least verbal, agreements were already made with this years headliners before they decided they were going to release the record and tour this year? Wouldn't be a surprise after the drama of last years headliners.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Greatests Hits are for bands that are done

Not necessarily. Swift has five mega selling albums to her credit, a live album/DVD (Speak Now tour) and is contracted to put out a Greatest Hits collection. I think this is more likely than a brand new record given that 1989 is still in the charts everywhere and shows little sign of fading away. She does like to keep things fresh and as the last tours have all had a strong album "theme" she would probably love the chance to mix things up a tad. My guess is she's already nailed for 2017 along with Ed Sheeran and if she's not I'll just have to start another petition

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it's not the headliners 2017 but I've just been thinking about some undercard acts 2017. Reckon off the back of big 2014 albums, The War on Drugs will get a good mid-Pyramid/high-Other placing and Metronomy also, along with headlining Latitude or something.

Would love Metronomy. I can really see Royal Blood getting a big spot next year. 

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it's not the headliners 2017 but I've just been thinking about some undercard acts 2017. Reckon off the back of big 2014 albums, The War on Drugs will get a good mid-Pyramid/high-Other placing and Metronomy also, along with headlining Latitude or something.

Yeah I agree with both of those. I can see the likes of Future Islands, FKA twigs, Courteeners and Haim coming back to play bigger slots on slightly smaller stages like headlining JP or The Park too.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I pray you're right about Metronomy headlining Latitude, they deserve it. Tore FN6 a new one last year.

1 hour ago, Untz said:

Dare I ask how many Swift related petitions have you previously started?

It's over nine thousaaaaaand!!!!

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I pray you're right about Metronomy headlining Latitude, they deserve it. Tore FN6 a new one last year.

It's over nine thousaaaaaand!!!!

I hope the next album is a little more French Riviera than Love Letters, but the live act is very solid now. 

2 minutes ago, Vacant0 said:

Can anybody explain why so many people seem convinced that Ed Sheeran will headline next year?

It's not a guarantee - but it is fairly likely:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2016-headliner-ed-sheeran-says-he-wont-be-topping-the-bill-until-he-has-at-least-three-a6700796.html

1) Size - record sales and ridiculously selling tour

2) Due an album next year. Where better to promote it? 

3) Good relationship with festival - played several times for the five minute he was a small act, and in a big slot when he was on his second album tour,

4) British, which seems to help.

Boringly nailed on I think!