Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20 April 2016 at 10:26 AM, gluther said:

Good news about Band of Skulls. Hopefully they'll be in JP rather than early on pyramid/other, they felt a bit lost on the main stage of Reading a few years back. Much better in a tent.

They were fantastic in the FR tent in Reading a few years ago, converted loads of my friends.

7 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Screenshot_2016-04-22-14-32-18.png

I am sure he was on at Step Back @ The Academy many years ago 

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is that 25th or 26th? I'm not a fan, but my mate is

I am not a fan of him as a DJ but Ram records was quality back in the early 90's. The stuff he did with Desired State and Origin Unknown was absolutely top notch. If he did an old skool set then I would go and watch him.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Legendary turntablist - DJ Yoda

UK production team and Calvin Harris collaborators - Disciples

Congolese rapper Baloji - the song he's linked in his bio is pretty damn good

I love DJ Yoda. I will try to see him this year. I hope he is doing the sci fi stuff he is at Jodrell Bank. The link isnt working for me

26 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ben Miller Band playing Avalon Stage. With that name I thought they'd be a comedy troupe who do a cover of 'The Joker', but apparently they play "North Mississippi Hill Country blues, Appalachian mountain music, bluegrass, or pure country" and have toured with ZZ Top. Added to the playlist.

I saw them at Cambridge last year.  Well worth catching.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ben Miller Band playing Avalon Stage. With that name I thought they'd be a comedy troupe who do a cover of 'The Joker', but apparently they play "North Mississippi Hill Country blues, Appalachian mountain music, bluegrass, or pure country" and have toured with ZZ Top. Added to the playlist.

This is of interest to me.

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yep, this one's right up my street too. Thanks Brave Sir Robin.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is maybe assumed rather than known per se, but this seems to confirm that Damon will be joining the Orchestra of Syrian Musicians at the farm:

http://www.africaexpress.co.uk/the-orchestra-of-syrian-musicians/

They've also had a slight "aye, fair enough guys" name change as well.

Actually I'd assumed he wouldn't be there (don't know why), so this is pleasant news!

That does sound like an addition to the list of "should really try to catch" - never mind if Damon is there or not, his description sounds very interesting, and it's good to try and hear something new.

"It’s a truly miraculous sound they create…There’s a whole choir, there’s strings, there’s soloists, there’s amazing percussion. It’s a really dynamic and joyous sound."