2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

new Warpaint album is good without being spectacular. must be a strong contender to headline the Park next year

Its actually darkier/moodier than I was expecting after hearing New Song. Thought they were gonna go all upbeat on us, which I was a bit nervy about. 

Anyway I love it. 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

New Justice album confirmed for 18th November, new single Randy is out today.  Streaming is playing silly buggers so haven't listened to it yet.

Got to be in the running for next year.

yep would be shocked/disappointed if they weren't booked for next year, hopefully as a West Holts headliner (and not clashing with somebody else, although that seems like an almost impossibility)

"Generic Indie Landfill" band - The Sherlocks have released a new tune....

(Hides)

I like it.

Ive heard 5 or 6 others and not liked any of them. This one though, I must say, I do like. To me it has something more about it. 

Ive gone back and listened to some more, which Im still labelling as shite. This though, is a decent tune:

Awaiting derision...

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

On 15/09/2016 at 2:23 PM, nikkic said:

Bit off the pace with new stuff at the moment, but the latest Glass Animals album has been getting a lot of plays recently. 

Came here to post about this record, absolutely addicted to it. First record was good but they've kicked a load more energy into it this time round and it seriously bangs. Wolderfully crafted pop. Wish I'd known their stuff well enough to appreciate it at Wilderness but I was smashed and had a fantastic time.

My Whitney addiction is also getting deeper - keep putting one song on off it and ending up having to listen to the whole thing. Infectious tunes.

A couple weeks late to this but...I turned on the radio this morning and heard a Midlake track that I hadn't before, thought ' wow, did new Midlake figure out how to sound like old Midlake?'. Googled it and turns out it's unreleased track from the Tim Smith era that's being released with an album reissue. Still sounds great though.

On 9/17/2016 at 8:02 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

"Generic Indie Landfill" band - The Sherlocks have released a new tune....

(Hides)

I like it.

Ive heard 5 or 6 others and not liked any of them. This one though, I must say, I do like. To me it has something more about it. 

Ive gone back and listened to some more, which Im still labelling as shite. This though, is a decent tune:

Awaiting derision...

I don't mind a bit of indie landfill but these guys seem far too infatuated with the Courteeners which mean they'll probably be massive. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Listening to that one now, sounds rather good on a first play through :)

Been meaning to give this one a listen myself. So many albums have been released/leaked recently that I'm struggling to find the time to listen to em all. Had quick spins of How To Dress Well, Merchandise, Touché Amore, Every Time I Die and Mac Miller yesterday but not enough to form an opinion on any of em

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been meaning to give this one a listen myself. So many albums have been released/leaked recently that I'm struggling to find the time to listen to em all. Had quick spins of How To Dress Well, Merchandise, Touché Amore, Every Time I Die and Mac Miller yesterday but not enough to form an opinion on any of em

I think that's the problem, there are so many coming out at the moment I just can't keep up!  Especially as I've been shite at keeping up with new music for ages, so it's not even like I can narrow it down to the bands I like because they're all new to me!

Just always feels like you're missing out :(

I can say that do love the new Teenage Fanclub album though!