2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been meaning to give this one a listen myself. So many albums have been released/leaked recently that I'm struggling to find the time to listen to em all. Had quick spins of How To Dress Well, Merchandise, Touché Amore, Every Time I Die and Mac Miller yesterday but not enough to form an opinion on any of em

Get on it. It's bloody phenomenal.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Been meaning to give this one a listen myself. So many albums have been released/leaked recently that I'm struggling to find the time to listen to em all. Had quick spins of How To Dress Well, Merchandise, Touché Amore, Every Time I Die and Mac Miller yesterday but not enough to form an opinion on any of em

I've been banging on about the Glass Animals album to mates and on here for a few weeks now. It's in my top 5 of the year I think. Really good and a step up from their first. May have to get some tickets to see them, they're at The Roundhouse next month. 

Wee bit behind the times, but I've not seen them crop up on this forum so thought I'd put this one out there.

First full album from Yumi Zouma came out at the start of July, enjoyed their EPs before but this sounds really nice.  It's going to be getting a fair few listens over the next couple of weeks :)

On 14 September 2016 at 6:22 PM, FloorFiller said:

new Warpaint album is good without being spectacular. must be a strong contender to headline the Park next year

Much like a Subway Footlong: looks fantastic, very enjoyable in the moment, but ultimately never leaves you 100% fulfilled. 

Actually, that's also applicable to a drunken one night stand. Without the footlong. 

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Thought you wus all goths in Whitby like

Nope, the Goths visit twice a year though.

Big mod era influence around here, scooter rallies, northern soul. 

and everybody seems to love Stone Roses here, parents and people my age alike.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

18 hours ago, Quark said:

Wee bit behind the times, but I've not seen them crop up on this forum so thought I'd put this one out there.

First full album from Yumi Zouma came out at the start of July, enjoyed their EPs before but this sounds really nice.  It's going to be getting a fair few listens over the next couple of weeks :)

nice, ta

Anyway...

The new Angel Olsen record is ace. Thoroughly recommended.

I also learnt about Martha from Drowned In Sound's alternative to the Mercury, and it's fantastic. The album is called Blisters In The Pit of My Heart, and you should all listen to it right now.

I'm also going to make the Glass Animals purchase. I hope it's as good as everyone says!

New The Weeknd album erm... STARBOY has been announced. I believe he worked with the same guy he worked with on House of Balloons on some of it so should hopefully be good, and after not being booked this year must be a decent contender to be a Pyramid sub next year (he worked with Daft Punk on something recently so perhaps below them, but below Sheeran could work equally as well)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New The Weeknd album erm... STARBOY has been announced. I believe he worked with the same guy he worked with on House of Balloons on some of it so should hopefully be good, and after not being booked this year must be a decent contender to be a Pyramid sub next year (he worked with Daft Punk on something recently so perhaps below them, but below Sheeran could work equally as well)

My body is ready.

Can't believe he's not played yet after mysteriously disappearing in 2013.

Give us that HoB sound!

On 7/19/2016 at 4:11 AM, The Nal said:

Superb news. Yeah Park headliner. They haven't played since 04.

They're playing Sound Summit up in the hills when I'm in California in September. Can't really not go now.

mountainplaypeterpan1.jpg

@The Nal you weren't there were you???!!! special show it was

thoughts on the new record anyone?....not hitting me like 'Star Wars' did...but I'm sure it will sound good live, esp

had a long shot hope that Wilco posting a pic of themselves with Nile Rodgers yesterday while taping their Colbert Show slot was part of a convo where NR was lining them up to play Fold Festival next year like Beck did, perhaps same weekend as Glasto next year...with more fingers crossed that it misses their own Solid Sound Festival by a week...

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

@The Nal you weren't there were you???!!! special show it was

thoughts on the new record anyone?....not hitting me like 'Star Wars' did...but I'm sure it will sound good live, esp

had a long shot hope that Wilco posting a pic of themselves with Nile Rodgers yesterday while taping their Colbert Show slot was part of a convo where NR was lining them up to play Fold Festival next year like Beck did, perhaps same weekend as Glasto next year...with more fingers crossed that it misses their own Solid Sound Festival by a week...

I think he was on The Rock when they were playing...