2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Tyonks said:

Just listening to King Gizzard for the first time this evening, thanks to this thread. Fucking excellent band - looks like i've just missed out on their UK tour though! bummer

They don't really stop, give it a few months and they'll be back round touring a new album.

Also @Winslow Leach can get in the bin.

15 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It's the weakest they've released imho, just never clicked with me in the way that their previous efforts.

Can't wait for the tour in a couple of months. 

Fair enough.  The debut and The King aside - which, being generous, don't really count - for me they've only ever really dropped one clanger and that's Thirteen.  If they've never quite attained Grand Prix standard, the Howdy! > Man-Made > Shadows run is full of Grade A TFC.

Their gig in Edinburgh on Tuesday night was one of my favourite times I've ever seen them

9 hours ago, Tyonks said:

Just listening to King Gizzard for the first time this evening, thanks to this thread. Fucking excellent band - looks like i've just missed out on their UK tour though! bummer

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

They don't really stop, give it a few months and they'll be back round touring a new album.

I am seeing them tonight!! Can't wait

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Their gig in Edinburgh on Tuesday night was one of my favourite times I've ever seen them

And I concur with that feeling after seeing them in Islington the other night. Loved the show. And love Here too. Best since GP in my ears.

http://pitchfork.com/news/68151-die-antwoord-say-theyll-break-up-next-year-share-new-track-fat-faded-fuck-face-listen/?mbid=social_facebook

Die Antwoord breaking up September next year. i wouldn't be much interested in seeing them but if they're touring throughout then let's hope Glastonbury has booked them

Edited by FloorFiller

Billy being coy again, and an album that sounds like Gish and Siamese Dream is probably a lot better on paper than what will eventually be released, but good to see the Pumpkins reunion is probably gonna happen somewhere along the way

http://www.nme.com/news/smashing-pumpkins/96335

not arsed about his solo album, mind

28 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't know how much I'd really want to see a Pumpkins original line-up where you can see how much they hate each other and how completely fucked Darcy is.

yeah the idea of a Pumpkins reunion now is kind of weird and it's hard to get particularly excited about it - Darcy and James aren't exactly Slash and Duff are they? i'm all for more early material being played but the idea of it is a bit shit

First time back in this thread for a few months!  So over the summer I've been enjoying Swans, Avalanches, Dinosuar Jr, Glass Animals and have just discovered Angel Olsen.  Not heard of her before but the new album is absolutely cracking.  Serious contender for AOTM for me.

I've listened to the new Wild Beasts a few times but it's just not clicking for me.

Also, for anyone who is waiting for the new Slowdive album, checkout Minor Victories featuring Rachel Goswell on vocals (and members of the Editors and Mogwaii).