2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

New Slaves album confirmed for next month. Looking forward to that.

Aye, they're a fun enough band and it's being produced by (and features on one song) Mike D  from the beastie boys so that should be pushed a level further. Was a bigger fan of Sugar Coated... than Satisfied so I'm curious. Saw them 6 times by accident last year so I've had a decent break now ahaha. 

Hey all, been a bit busy since Glastonbury so have some catching up to do. Enjoyed the new Of Montreal album but for me they still haven't quite reached the heights of Hissing Fauna. Of the albums I've been listening to I've really been enjoying a band called King Buffalo which you can listen to through bandcamp - https://kingbuffalo.bandcamp.com/ Nothing particularly new about them but remind me of Kyuss or early QOTSA which isn't a bad thing.

Currently enjoying Hypercaffium Spazzinate by Descendents and Pool by Porches.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

King GIzz are the best, man. Love em. And a phenomenal live act - the question remains of whether their Reading performance will be enough to satisfy me until they come back round (which at the current rate won't be long) or if I need to get tour tickets. Hmm...

A mate from hasnt heard of them, but is going to Green Man. I have strongly recommended them and I know he will love them. Awaiting his return to tell me how much he loved them.

Seeing the mighty Gizzard again on 9th Sept. I Can't wait.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

A mate from hasnt heard of them, but is going to Green Man. I have strongly recommended them and I know he will love them. Awaiting his return to tell me how much he loved them.

Ah, that Manchester show? Huge line up on that, I'm quite jealous - if any of The Parrots, The Big Moon or The Wytches shows up as support for London I'll definitely have to get a ticket.

4 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Ah, that Manchester show? Huge line up on that, I'm quite jealous - if any of The Parrots, The Big Moon or The Wytches shows up as support for London I'll definitely have to get a ticket.

Get a ticket for london. Guaranteed to be great.

The manc gig is an "indoor festival". 2 rooms. bands + Dj's. King Gizzard headlining. (90 min set).

Got my ticket as an early bird... £13.50!! Probably the best value ticket Ive ever bought.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd love to see that video in 360 on Google Cardboard or an Oculus type thing.

Agreed.

On 8/13/2016 at 10:46 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Seeing them on 7th Sep @ Hare & Hounds (600 capacity). Really looking forward to seeing them play some Nonagon.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

39 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

not a fan of the more disjointed direction they've gone in in recent years with a lot of the songs being solo tracks rather than joint efforts, but i'll give this a listen sometime soon. listened to Yeah So for the first time in absolute ages after seeing this album announced. Giving Up On Love is such a tune

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

not a fan of the more disjointed direction they've gone in in recent years with a lot of the songs being solo tracks rather than joint efforts, but i'll give this a listen sometime soon. listened to Yeah So for the first time in absolute ages after seeing this album announced. Giving Up On Love is such a tune

They produce decent singles these days, but they've not done anything even close to Yeah So since. They've actually got better live with each record in my experience though.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Probably my highlight of this year, either of her shows that is, Kate Tempest released an album trailer and a tour today, definitely getting tickets for that. I was pretty late on to Everybody Down but I play it weekly these days, understand the criticism I see levelled at her at points but I think she's top.

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 10:59 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Get a ticket for london. Guaranteed to be great.

The manc gig is an "indoor festival". 2 rooms. bands + Dj's. King Gizzard headlining. (90 min set).

Got my ticket as an early bird... £13.50!! Probably the best value ticket Ive ever bought.

Agreed.

Going to this as well, definitely going to be a night to remember! (Depending on how long I spend in the salisbury beforehand that is). There definitely seems to be some momentum behind this fuzz psych movement these days, I know they've all been around for a while but bands like Gizzard, Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segal, Wand, Meatbodies all seem to be getting bigger, hopefully fuzzy psych is next year's grime. 

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

Going to this as well, definitely going to be a night to remember! (Depending on how long I spend in the salisbury beforehand that is). There definitely seems to be some momentum behind this fuzz psych movement these days, I know they've all been around for a while but bands like Gizzard, Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segal, Wand, Meatbodies all seem to be getting bigger, hopefully fuzzy psych is next year's grime. 

And hopefully grime is next year's nu-rave. It needs to go away

12 hours ago, priest17 said:

See you all at the King Gizzard pyramid slot, then.