2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

23 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've paid no attention to any music not on the Glastonbury bill other than Bowie and Radiohead this year. I'll be telling you all about other great new releases from months ago next week.

Just wait til you get to Queen Bey!

Bought Nao album today. On a CD!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/08/2016 at 10:32 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I've paid no attention to any music not on the Glastonbury bill other than Bowie and Radiohead this year. I'll be telling you all about other great new releases from months ago next week.

Nonagon Infinity.....

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I'm getting quite into the Wild Beasts album too after several listens, there's still a couple of songs I'm not too sure about but on the whole I really like it, even some of the songs they released before the album that I wasn't too keen on at the time like Big Cat and Tough Guy work much better within the album. Alpha Female and Dreamliner are the standouts for me at the moment, the latter in particular is a really nice way to end the album.

19 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Got this new Wild Beasts album on now, really liking it so far. I had Present Tense but never really got into it. 

Yep, another vote for Wild Beasts. 

Blossoms' album is pretty good as well, some good songs on there. Seeing them at PP so will be getting a few listens in.

Deezer recommended me the album by Zhu under its new releases. Generationwhy; have to say quite enjoying it on first listen. Worth a look I would say.

3 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Intrigued by that 20 minutes bonus track :blink:

only got a couple of minutes in but it sounds like a load of studio outtakes from various other songs on the album all pasted together. maybe there's more to it than that - really must give it a proper listen

On 8/6/2016 at 9:18 PM, FloorFiller said:

only got a couple of minutes in but it sounds like a load of studio outtakes from various other songs on the album all pasted together. maybe there's more to it than that - really must give it a proper listen

Boy King was Rough Trade's album of the month, and came with a CD of four demos (haven't listened to it yet though), so I wonder if it's the same.

Enjoying the album though, and quite enjoying the new sound.

not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but the Ray Lamontagne album 'Ouroboros' is a beauty & gets regular play during my day. Never been much of a fan of his stuff (not sure if any on here even familiar with him) but his latest is a bit of a departure from earlier stuff and was produced by Jim James (My Morning Jacket)... I've just been drawn to this album especially as it's one of those concept-type albums free flowing beginning to end in a 'part one/part two' format...so, while best Not to sample this by just one track, but I've got "The Changing Man" here, and on the record it leads directly into "While It Still Beats" which is why I've included both...If you like, def try out the finale "Wouldn't It Make A Lovely Photograph" or "In My Own Way"

Edited by tevaburger

I swerved it because I've heard it's not good and furthermore I hear he keeps ruining James Blake's live shows. Lemme know if it's good though and I'll give it a whirl.

Japandroids are back - just announced a solitary London show with tickets on sale NOW - so I expect new material is on the way too after all this time. Such a good band. So excited. Hope the London show is a precursor to more shows like that Death Grips one.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Japandroids are back - just announced a solitary London show with tickets on sale NOW - so I expect new material is on the way too after all this time. Such a good band. So excited. Hope the London show is a precursor to more shows like that Death Grips one.

yessss. won't be able to make it to the London show, but i was starting to think they might've called it quits so stoked to see them active again. likewise in hoping more shows are on the books

Hmm they shared this graphic which kinda suggests a Radiohead-lite limited selection of "2016 shows" around the world so I guess that'll be that until the new year. But obviously the images suggest the boys are leaving town after releasing a (probably kickass) new album so yeah, pretty pumped. I'm not sure if they'll tour as heavily as before but we should get ample opportunity to see them in the new year.

13939310_10154231874953311_8303779443293