2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, willutalk said:

New Queens of the Stone Age before the close of the year. Could make them more likely for Glasters?

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-15/queens-of-the-stone-age-record-album-2016

They're hoping to start recording it before the end of the year. It's still at the ideas stage now. Don't think they'll be doing much at all next year at that rate.

obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but somebody on reddit who claims to have a source in the know says there's a new Tool album (double album, in fact) later this year called Decem. could (and probably will) end up being bullshit but we shall see

Edited by FloorFiller

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not on Deezer so not heard it yet! Worth tracking down I take it?

Definitely. For one reason or another I didn't get around to listening to it until Thursday, currently on my fourth listen since then. I kinda wish they'd released the album opener Because I'm Me as opposed to Frank Sinatra, it's not only a better track but it's a much better indicator of the general sound of the album. Frank Sinatra kinda sticks out like a sore thumb on it in terms of it's sound.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

M.I.A has confirmed that her new album coming will be her last, one last hurrah please 

I don't reckon the new track is much cop but I did quite like Borders, dunno if that'll be on the album though. I'm not convinced by what she says that she really does believe it'll be her last album but I guess we'll see.

Edited by dentalplan

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

sounds exactly like you'd expect it to. not that that's a bad thing - i don't think anybody expected or even particularly wanted them to break the mould here. just nice to hear some new Rage-esque music

They're just counting down the days until Zach DLR wants a shot again 

33 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They're just counting down the days until Zach DLR wants a shot again 

I think they're done counting and that's why we have that^

As said, it's as you'd expect but I think Chuck D and B Real making their mark all over it is the best bit. They sound excellent. Hope the music progresses as this does seem a bit of a throwaway theme tune sorta thing but I think moving on without Zach seems good going so far.

kind of weird that they've called it Prophets of Rage when Public Enemy already have a song called Prophets of Rage, which they've been playing at their shows. sounds like it was written as a song to open their shows with, so maybe they'll just bump old Prophets of Rage from the setlist and replace it with new Prophets of Rage - save thousands in printer ink 

16 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Much better than a song called "Eat Shitake Mushrooms" by 16 year olds has any right to be.

Aye, that's a belter that one. Imagine having the talent to roll dream pop vocals and a proficient rap verse into a fully fledged banger at 16. I think when I was 16 the thing I was most skilled at was Football Manager.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

kind of weird that they've called it Prophets of Rage when Public Enemy already have a song called Prophets of Rage, which they've been playing at their shows. sounds like it was written as a song to open their shows with, so maybe they'll just bump old Prophets of Rage from the setlist and replace it with new Prophets of Rage - save thousands in printer ink 

People search for it on streaming and listen to both. Get paid double. Prophets of Wage.

Edited by dentalplan