2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

new Wilco album Schmilco announced, and two new songs. that was nice and fast! Park headliner next year then... right guys?

http://pitchfork.com/news/66908-wilco-announce-new-album-schmilco-share-new-track-listen/

Extra cool points for using Joan Cornella as their album art

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

new Wilco album Schmilco announced, and two new songs. that was nice and fast! Park headliner next year then... right guys?

http://pitchfork.com/news/66908-wilco-announce-new-album-schmilco-share-new-track-listen/

Superb news. Yeah Park headliner. They haven't played since 04.

They're playing Sound Summit up in the hills when I'm in California in September. Can't really not go now.

mountainplaypeterpan1.jpg

Edited by The Nal

Having never listened to them before reading this thread, thanks for all the love shown to King Gizzard.  Listening to Nonagon this morning and it's bloody amazing.  Debate now is whether to see them at Brighton or Brixton!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Having never listened to them before reading this thread, thanks for all the love shown to King Gizzard.  Listening to Nonagon this morning and it's bloody amazing.  Debate now is whether to see them at Brighton or Brixton!

If you liked Nonagon Infinity, it's well worth listening to their previous albums. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz is probably the most similar, but they're all worth listening to.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:17 PM, dentalplan said:

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thanks for the heads up. I got tickets for the Manchester gig yonks ago, when the gave away their last album. It must have been 15 months or so before the gig will be. At least they'll have two new albums worth of material to play by the time it eventually comes around.

Tickets are still available for the Brixton date according to their website, for anyone interested. Only 2 UK dates (so far).

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Dates still TBC for Solid Sound 17 no? I know its usually on Glasto weekend but we can hope. 

thing is that they usually do it in the 20's of June, and next year it will surely not be over June 30, July 1, 2 as that's too close to the July 4th holiday here which they may want to avoid to guarantee its commercial success, so it will most surely be over Glasto 23-25... 2013 was the one exception where Wilco went early 21-23, Glasto went later 28-30, which worked out well for me!...they (Wilco) have never done it pre-20's (at least for the last 3 that I've been to). although i just googled the very first one (2010) which turns out was in August, so who knows if they'll change i guess. but they're definitely going with the "every other summer" theme...

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

more new Wild Beasts, think this one is my favourite so far although to be fair the first two haven't been anything too exciting.

hmm not been massively wowed by any of the songs thus far. Get My Bang is my favourite as it was such a shock and is ridiculously catchy - this one sounds like it could've been a throwaway from Present Tense. was kind of hoping after Get My Bang that they were just gonna run with the silly overblown electro RnB direction for the whole album, but it seems not

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The Brand New reworked demos are ridiculously good. They really were at their peak between Deja and TDAGARIM

Yep they're really brilliant. Better than anything on Daisy imo. Got me hopeful they'll be returning to a similar direction with the new/last one

Top new Alter Bridge track. Tons of energy, polished production. I'm very fond of the riffage that AB bring to their music. Solid solo from Mark. Myles' voice is epic! Slightly towards the 'radio friendly' end to their music (presumably as it's an introductory track for the new album). Definitely worth a listen regardless of your personal preferences.

Regarding a slot at Glastonbury. A man can dream.