2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Chawk said:

Ok, not new music, but posting a new Wild Beasts interview as a few of their new tracks have been posted here. They say they were trying to make a soul record.

actual new Wild Beasts song here though

always nice to hear new music but i sure do wish bands would stop releasing half the album in drips and drabs before it's even been released. kind of ruins the album experience for me

pretty worried about this new album - nothing is massively wowing me so far and it seems the Wild Beasts of old is well and truly lost, which is a shame as they were so unique

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

actual new Wild Beasts song here though

always nice to hear new music but i sure do wish bands would stop releasing half the album in drips and drabs before it's even been released. kind of ruins the album experience for me

pretty worried about this new album - nothing is massively wowing me so far and it seems the Wild Beasts of old is well and truly lost, which is a shame as they were so unique

Yeah, agreed; too many singles dilutes the album, it's probably the label's call I guess. I liked Present Tense, but it definitely marked a departure from their operatic/ dual vocal/ guitar style, which yeah like you say was unique. I've only listened to Get My Bang so will wait until the proper release now.

This is a great soundboard/pro-shot gig from arguably their best days in 2009

Edited by Chawk

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

It's kinda weird that somebody is straight up forcing you to listen to all those tracks tho. Why are they doing that? What is their deal?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It's kinda weird that somebody is straight up forcing you to listen to all those tracks tho. Why are they doing that? What is their deal?

nobody's forcing me - i just enjoy hearing new music from bands i love and so tend to do it as soon as it's made available. even if i didn't listen to the songs, the practice still annoys me. i think more than a third of an album being released beforehand is a little shitty and just has me thinking 'well there's one less song i can be excited about hearing in the correct sequence'

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

nobody's forcing me - i just enjoy hearing new music from bands i love and so tend to do it as soon as it's made available. even if i didn't listen to the songs, the practice still annoys me. i think more than a third of an album being released beforehand is a little shitty and just has me thinking 'well there's one less song i can be excited about hearing in the correct sequence'

They're doing it to promote it to people who aren't bothered about listening to so much of the album and don't hold the album format as sacred as you or I do. You can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're doing it to promote it to people who aren't bothered about listening to so much of the album and don't hold the album format as sacred as you or I do. You can't have it both ways.

i doubt Wild Beasts have much of a wide appeal to the single song market. almost all of the comments on both the Youtube video and Facebook page are talking about how excited/worried they are about the upcoming album because of the thus far released songs. i get your point, but this many songs in such a short amount of time a week or so before the album's due seems very unnecessary even if they are trying to get the word out

Anyone else come across D.A.R.K.?  Dolores O'Riordan, Andy Rourke and Olé Koretsky.  Couple of songs on youtube ahead of the album release (tbc).  It's not bad, not completely got hold of me but interested to see what the album's like when it appears.

On 7/13/2016 at 9:31 PM, Mash011 said:

Yeah Honeyblood are cool, I preferred their slightly slower stuff like 'Super Rat' or 'Bud'` but I hope they get booked next year. Saw them before but they played the second stage at Victorious which had awful sound. Would be nice to see them play somewhere good.

Just seen them lined up to play a small venue in Guildford in September, think I might well be making the drive to see them.

23 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Radio X are to play Viola Beach's posthumous debut album in full tonight ahead of tomorrow's release - with various tributes from loved ones and those that were influential to them:

http://www.radiox.co.uk/news/radio-x-viola-beach-album-playback-family-tributes/

I hadn't heard much of their stuff before Colplay gave them their time on the Pyramid. I've just given it a listen and I like it; some great catchy tracks on there in my opinion. 

54 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I hadn't heard much of their stuff before Colplay gave them their time on the Pyramid. I've just given it a listen and I like it; some great catchy tracks on there in my opinion. 

Me neither tbh, and agreed they definitely have some tracks that just stick in your head. Which in this case isn't a bad thing :)

2 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I didn't realise how long her album was in terms of tracks, even though I pre-ordered it :lol:

It flies by though, so many good tracks.

Think there's 3 or 4 small interludes that are 30s or less, so really it's 14 tracks. 

Yeah you're right the album is really good. Gonna try and catch her on tour in a few months.