2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

34 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Can someone recommend a few albums for me to listen to. I'm nursing a hangover at work and its going to be long afternoon if I have to talk to people too much.

Something along the sort of lines of Glass Animals' new one (which I've had on repeat for a while now) or Bon Ivers.

Thanking yous

Possibly not quite along the lines of Glass Animals / Bon Iver, but on my new album list at the moment that might suit a ..... delicate state of mind:

Red Earth & Pouring Rain - Bear's Den

Lost Property - Turin Brakes

GenerationWHY - Zhu

Farewell, Starlite! - Francis & The Lights

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Can someone recommend a few albums for me to listen to. I'm nursing a hangover at work and its going to be long afternoon if I have to talk to people too much.

Something along the sort of lines of Glass Animals' new one (which I've had on repeat for a while now) or Bon Ivers.

Thanking yous

Have you heard the new Local Natives album, Sunlit Youth? It's a cracker

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Have you heard the new Local Natives album, Sunlit Youth? It's a cracker

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

Possibly not quite along the lines of Glass Animals / Bon Iver, but on my new album list at the moment that might suit a ..... delicate state of mind:

Red Earth & Pouring Rain - Bear's Den

Lost Property - Turin Brakes

GenerationWHY - Zhu

Farewell, Starlite! - Francis & The Lights

Top notch, thank you both.

I have sort of lost track of new music over the last year or so - Basically since Glastonbury in 2015 and even then I hadnt done anywhere near my normal levels of listening. Going back to Bestival last month has really got me back into wanting to explore new and less well known music - as I managed to see some great young acts around the place that I'd never heard of. 

Will be trying to keep up with everything on here.

9 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Will be trying to keep up with everything on here.

De nada :)

I'm in a very similar position, and keeping up with it all is guaranteed route one to frying your brain!

If you've got Deezer/Spotify or similar there are normally a couple of new music playlists that update weekly - I get one Editor's Pick and one from BBC6 Music, plus whatever appears in new releases and anything vaguely interesting that crops up on here.

Good luck!

I've kind of put new music in the background for now as I bought a new record player. I am now discovering quite a lot of old music that passed me by. I'm hoping this is a short term addiction because I'm spending more money than I can afford on vinyl right now. 

Hopefully normal service will resume shortly, it's either that or sell the house.

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

Thanking yous

Big Scary - Animal, waiting for the vinyl to arrive at the moment from Melbourne. Defo give it a whirl

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Just listened to the new White Lies...

svGLzBF.gif

I've heard a couple of the singles and wasn't impressed, I'll no doubt listen to the rest at some point but really not bothered about them at all these days. Shame really as the first album and parts of the second album are still really good but they really have got progressively worse on each album since.

On 10/4/2016 at 3:23 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I suspect a single will be out before the end of the year.  

I was pretty annoyed nothing immediately followed the hype build up from last week when they went through all the phases on social media then just stopped.  Personally, I have very, very little interest in Jamie's artwork - what I want is new music.

They have another couple of weeks in the studio according from the horse's mouth

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/damon-albarn/news/damon-albarn-gave-gorillaz-fans-update-new-album/#P5WjvRfO3DuB7Uu1.97

Just now, Tommy101 said:

They have another couple of weeks in the studio according from the horse's mouth

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/damon-albarn/news/damon-albarn-gave-gorillaz-fans-update-new-album/#P5WjvRfO3DuB7Uu1.97

Interesting that they've started the social media assault before the album's actually in the can.  I wonder how long it will be until release, which is really what matters to me.  It's got to be this year, surely?

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Think I mentioned it before but I've had the new Sunshine Underground album on loop pretty much all weekend.  Might just be me but I think it's absolutely brilliant, would love to see them in a late afternoon slot next year!

Unfortunately they are splitting up after the tour this month.

Seen them live a few times were much better in the early days but will give them new/last album a spin.