2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

10 hours ago, big__phil said:

I've only listened to it once so far, and the bits where it is good are very good. Listening to it in chunks probably didn't help, next time I'll try and play it through in one go. Would love them to return to Pilton. Completely passed my by in 2013 (I don't think I knew a great deal about them then), but I'm sure if they played again they'd get a good slot on a decent stage. Perhaps even Glade..?

Was actually thinking they'd be at home on The Glade, great minds my man. Can also see them fitting in on the Leftfield's music bill, if Hell Stage survives to next year they'd do very well there, or even the John Peel stage seeing as the man himself actually gave them their first leg-up in their early days.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

I've been offered a freebie to see a band called blaenavon tonight. Anyone know if they are any good? I've never heard of them. 

Yeah I saw them in Williams Green this year. Didn't plan on seeing them (as I'd never heard of them) but was in Williams Green for a coffee and they caught my ear so I wandered in.

Enjoyed them. Heavier end of indie sort of thing, quite loud. A lot of the songs break down into heavy guitar freak out type stuff. Stage dive from the singer/guitarist at the end too. They seem to have a small core following of people who really know their stuff. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Heavier end of indie sort of thing, quite loud. A lot of the songs break down into heavy guitar freak out type stuff. Stage dive from the singer/guitarist at the end too. They seem to have a small core following of people who really know their stuff. 

Now I bloody remember!  Saw them at a small fest in Guildford in September.  Yeah they were pretty good, worth a watch if you've got a ticket Russy 

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah I saw them in Williams Green this year. Didn't plan on seeing them (as I'd never heard of them) but was in Williams Green for a coffee and they caught my ear so I wandered in.

Enjoyed them. Heavier end of indie sort of thing, quite loud. A lot of the songs break down into heavy guitar freak out type stuff. Stage dive from the singer/guitarist at the end too. They seem to have a small core following of people who really know their stuff. 

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Now I bloody remember!  Saw them at a small fest in Guildford in September.  Yeah they were pretty good, worth a watch if you've got a ticket Russy 

Ta mates, that'll do for me!

5 hours ago, Divein said:

The new Jagwar Ma album is out today.  Not listened to it it yet but the singles have been good as is what I've heard live. 

Just had Jagwar Ma, Kings of Leon and Grouplove delivered.

started on Jagwar Ma, only got to track 5 but compelled to put a note on here already - excellent stuff

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Like the sound of this. A bit rosesy Debut ep out today

Actually it looks like there's a few previous ep's when I've looked further online. Debut physical music out today. 

Sounds really good. Have you checked out any of The Lucid Dream's stuff? They're kinda similar baggy stuff and had a really good album last year - new one out last month too but I've not got round to it yet.

Not an album, but a new artist that might be ones to watch are Idles. Heard them on 6 Music a few weeks back, and I'm pretty impressed - though they might not be for everyone. Seem to be following in the footsteps of bands like Slaves and Drenge, so if you're bored of that give them a miss. Can definitely see these guys in the Williams Green or BBC Introducing tent come next year:

certainly enjoying Jagwar Ma's new one slightly more than King of Leon's. Although that ones not as bad as I feared - it has a certain peace to it (like they aren't over trying anymore) 

just getting on a 2 hour train journey, will hopefully get through a few other new ones people have mentioned on here 

9 hours ago, Divein said:

The new Jagwar Ma album is out today.  Not listened to it it yet but the singles have been good as is what I've heard live. 

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They were incredibly good fun at The Park this year.  Listening now.

after a few listens i don't think it's quite as good as their first album (which i thought was stellar from start to finish) but i'm still enjoying it a lot

Kings of Leon's new album isn't nearly as shite as i expected it to be. it's nothing groundbreaking, and exactly what you'd expect really, but i actually quite enjoyed listening to it

9 hours ago, Divein said:

I don't like the one they're playing recently on 6music at all. They sound like baggy revivalists for those that missed it the first time. 

1476458399_bcc6ebc739178d79b7c7094d45b47

1. Joy And Peace (feat. Bilal)
2. Home (feat. Bilal)
3. Word From Moe Luv Interlude
4. Black America Again (Feat. Stevie Wonder)
5. Love Star (feat. PJ)
6. On A Whim Interlude
7. Red Wine (feat. Elena)
8. Pyramids
9. A Moment In The Sun Interlude
10. Unfamiliar (feat. PJ)
11. A Bigger Picture Called Free (feat. Syd)
12. The Day Women Took Over (feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
13. Rain (feat. John Legend)
14. Little Chicago Boy (feat. Tasha Cobbs)
15. Letter To The Free (feat. Bilal)

November 4th, good times.