2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was sceptical over whether KKB would still be fun and not tiresome over a full album but yeah this bangs.

Good to have an endorsement from non-weeb ears. I listened to it in between watching episodes of Hunter x Hunter in my Totoro onesie, I was always going to buzz off it.

On 10/19/2016 at 11:48 PM, dentalplan said:

Any love for Sioux Falls and their debut album Rot Forever on this here forum? They've recently changed their name (ffs) to Strange Ranger (ffs!) and put out a new EP and I was about to post about that but realised the album hadn't been mentioned. If you like that Pacific Northwest kinda-emo indie and particularly early Modest Mouse then you'll get lots of enjoyment out of it. YouTube playlist of the full album here.

Halfway through this now. Right up my street this one, will be interesting to see where they take it from here. Very Modest Mouse/Pixies.

40 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

can you fuck off

:lol:

Good tune, tho. They better be at Glasto; I'd expect high JP if they do play but I'd love them to sneak onto the Pyramid.

New Justice tune is ace, too. if it wasn't for RTJ playing WH last year I'd love a top 2 of RTJ > Justice on that stage on Saturday/Sunday. I guess the same thing could happen in JP.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Meant to ask, how did you get on with these guys in the end?

Good actually. Really noisy and with some good songs, and the front man had a lot of charisma. They definitely deserve to get bigger. 

The crowd was wild too, which is remarkable for a london crowd! I was probably the oldest person there by 20 years...

Edited by russycarps

On 10/21/2016 at 0:47 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm still of the opinion Justice can take a Other Headline slot.

I would absolutely go see Justice but they are nowhere near big enough to headline Other, not even if the Other stage was situated somewhere in France. I also can't see them making Pyramid. If they play I don't think it would be any of the bigger stages unfortunately.

New Nethaniel Rateliffe & the Night Sweats record has passed completely under my radar until today but sounding good. Looking forward to seeing them again next month and would love them back on the farm in June. 

EDIT: on closed inspection it isn't all new material, it includes some reworkings and a live version. 

Edited by Tommy101