2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

5 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Be really is an incredible record.

4 hours ago, Badlands said:

Those first three tracks man, from the acoustic bass intro, to The Corner's sample hook, to Go's nursery rhyme chorus - top top stuff.

Love it.

I can't believe what he's done with BAA. I never thought we'd hear Common like this. I think Kendrick's album has influenced a lot of artists to make albums like this, especially with the election this year and all the racial issues.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Can't get on with the new Empire of The Sun album, only listened to it twice though so maybe deserves a bit more of my time. 

Honeyblood album is really good. Banks album is worth a listen. The new single by Bonobo is sublime. 

Love the Empire album, and agree on Honeyblood.

Will give Banks a go as well

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like we'll have new stuff from The xx in the next couple of days

ace! really excited to see what progressions they've made to their sound in the last 4 years. was initially pretty damn disappointed with Coexist but it's grown on me a lot. hope this new one lives up to the hype

and speaking of which, looks like the album might be out very soon, 12 new tracks from an xx album called I See You have been added to Shazam.

http://www.stereogum.com/1910094/new-the-xx-album-i-see-you-apparently-coming-soon/news/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

a 3rd clip was uploaded earlier today too.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

and speaking of which, looks like the album might be out very soon, 12 new tracks from an xx album called I See You have been added to Shazam.

http://www.stereogum.com/1910094/new-the-xx-album-i-see-you-apparently-coming-soon/news/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

a 3rd clip was uploaded earlier today too.

i love that people can find this stuff out :P looks like we're getting it far sooner than we expected then. good stuff!

14 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I know I'm going on and on but this Common album is incredible.

after your glowing review(s) i thought i'd better give this a listen. sounding pretty damn good on first listen through! only ever been familiar with Be but can see this one getting a lot of listens from me

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

after your glowing review(s) i thought i'd better give this a listen. sounding pretty damn good on first listen through! only ever been familiar with Be but can see this one getting a lot of listens from me

:lol:

I'm obsessed with it.

Have you heard Like Water For Chocolate? Common has pretty much gone back to that and Be to create a real piece of art.

Not one skippable track. I was a bit <_< about Love Star because I'd heard it when it came out and singles stand out in an album for me sometimes. I didn't listen to anything else prior and after multiple listens it fits in within the album.

1 minute ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

:lol:

I'm obsessed with it.

Have you heard Like Water For Chocolate? Common has pretty much gone back to that and Be to create a real piece of art.

i haven't but i've no idea why as it seems to have pretty high critical praise and that's usually good enough for me to check out an album. will get on it asap

2 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Not one skippable track. I was a bit <_< about Love Star because I'd heard it when it came out and singles stand out in an album for me sometimes. I didn't listen to anything else prior and after multiple listens it fits in within the album.

yeah Love Star stands out quite a bit from the rest of the album. not a bad song but thematically it doesn't quite work in the context of the rest of it

14 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I know I'm going on and on but this Common album is incredible.

Thanks for doing so, I'd only listened to can I borrow a dollar and resurrection before so this and Be have been breath listens the last couple of days. Onwards with the rest of his catalogue...

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Thanks for doing so, I'd only listened to can I borrow a dollar and resurrection before so this and Be have been breath listens the last couple of days. Onwards with the rest of his catalogue...

:D

Be is a masterpiece. Kanye and J Dilla are their very very best.

Check out Like Water For Chocolate too, for something more like his new album.

His latest albums haven't really hit the mark. I think with Finding Forever he tried to recreate a Be 2.0 but it didn't quite work, still an alright album though.

This was made for this album  (short film).

Edited by EighteenSixty7