2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Really looking forward to giving the new Justice album a listen tomorrow.

Are we assuming they will be announcing a tour at some point in the not too distant future. What sort of size venue would they play? I'm North London based and wouldnt mind an Alley Pally gig next year - is that a realistic possibility?

Academies? I think I remember my mate at college telling me about going to see them at an academy venue.

Edit: Yep a 5 date academy tour in 2012.

Edited by Will-2609

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Academies? I think I remember my mate at college telling me about going to see them at an academy venue.

Edit: Yep a 5 date academy tour in 2012.

I thought it might be clutching at straws. Another journey to Brixton then i imagine.

Havent had a good gig at Alley palley for a while now, kinda wish I'd gone to Jamie T a little while ago now. 

23 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Open to recommendations 

Nice one, annoyingly I can't get it to open on my phone so will have to wait till tomorrow to have a proper listen. From a quick glance my one suggested addition would be glass animals. I'd say a couple of their tracks wouldn't go amiss - their album is pretty high on my list for 2016

15 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Nice one, annoyingly I can't get it to open on my phone so will have to wait till tomorrow to have a proper listen. From a quick glance my one suggested addition would be glass animals. I'd say a couple of their tracks wouldn't go amiss - their album is pretty high on my list for 2016

Will check them out

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

SHUT UP KISS ME HOLD ME TIGHT

Defintely one of my favourites 

Cant get enough of that album at the moment, and that's the highlight definitely 

There's been a lot of enjoyable and very good albums this year, but I don't think it's been a particularly strong year in the grand scheme of things. Last year there was a wealth of amazing records, it was ridiculous, it was at the stage where stuff like Hot Chip's album which I really enjoyed was something like my 50th favourite album of the year. I'd say there's a good 15 albums from last year that I'd take over my favourite from this year (Beyonce).

Half of Metalllicas album is really good but the other half is Load/Reload sounding plodders which is disappointing. I read that Kirk lost his phone with all his riff ideas on before entering the studio so didnt contribute to the writing process. I wonder if that's why they've reverted back to that sound so much (got the impression from Some Kind of Monster that it was Kirk who loved shredding) 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Half of Metalllicas album is really good but the other half is Load/Reload sounding plodders which is disappointing. I read that Kirk lost his phone with all his riff ideas on before entering the studio so didnt contribute to the writing process. I wonder if that's why they've reverted back to that sound so much (got the impression from Some Kind of Monster that it was Kirk who loved shredding) 

Yeah its very long and plods along in parts. But when its good its really good.

Kirk isn't on the album because James and Lars did their own thing this time.

Justice!

First listen and I'm liking it. 'Chorus' sounds phenomenal - stand out track so far for me (havent finished listening yet but needed to comment on that song).

Will be not just hoping for them at glastonbury, think I will go out of my way to go to one of their own shows. Can't believe I've not seen them live yet. West Holts would be perfect though.

10 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

Cracking album, only really heard d.a.n.c.e before , would people say the new album on par with their other stuff or better?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Better than AVD, not as good as Cross.

Agreed. Cross is on another level to most though so thats not an insult to this new one.

The live albums are certainly worth a listen as well.

Forgot my headphones this morning so raging I can't listen to Justice until tonight. Glad to see the positive reviews though, didn't ever expect it to be better than Cross but Alakazam is the best thing they've done since then and I'm glad to hear it sounds as if it's the same for the album.