2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Ahh cheers for sharing.

"at one stage I was whelmed, and then you kept going, and I was ahh this is overwhelming"

So good to have them back. Pumped. Aging well.

If you want banter, this is the place to go! I especially love "And the New Zealand crowd - they just loved it"!

Listened to the new Justice album on my night shift last night. Its good, but not as hard hitting as I'd of liked it to be. Sounds very similar to tame impala's recent album, especially Randy, which in itself isn't bad sounding but isn't the Justice I was expecting.

Cross is still king.

Still hoping to catch them at glasto though.

Listened to FOUR albums for the first time today (you go, Glen Coco);

Dinosaur Jr - good, Preoccupations and Justice - very good, Blood Orange - brilliant.

Justice brought the house down against the Foo Fighters at Leeds in 2012, excellent show, no flab at all. I'd love a repeat of that at Glastonbury next year, with those sweet sweet new album tunes.

Lanterns On The Lake + Royal Northern Symphonia live album coming next week. Until The Colours Run isn't on it, I find their relationship with what is very easily their best song to be quite bizzare, they soundchecked it at BlueDot and then didn't play it during their set. What are they playing at?

57 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Dinosaur Jr - good, Preoccupations and Justice - very good, Blood Orange - brilliant.

Justice brought the house down against the Foo Fighters at Leeds in 2012, excellent show, no flab at all. I'd love a repeat of that at Glastonbury next year, with those sweet sweet new album tunes.

Went through a phase of listening to that on repeat when it came out. Revisited it the other night too, superb!

Just now, EighteenSixty7 said:

Went through a phase of listening to that on repeat when it came out. Revisited it the other night too, superb!

Been intending to listen to it since release, knew I would love it from the tracks I've heard + Dev is all-round amazing all the time.

58 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Listened to Blood Orange's for the first time last night and Justice's for the first time just now. Agree with your sentiments on both.

Getting to that time of year where I realise I've listened to around 10 albums all year and am nowhere near being prepared to make a list. I really like the Local Natives one; never listened to them before but I've been rinsing that since it came out.