Glastocam!

pauladam

1 minute ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Im guessing there is another shoot today? lots of cars by arcadia.

Ohh there is lots of cars there. I like the way you called it Arcadia and not Pangea.

I wonder if they are going to remove the crane body. Yes, they originally planned to have it again this year, but that was three years ago.

What do people think spider and crane in the same field???

3 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Ohh there is lots of cars there. I like the way you called it Arcadia and not Pangea.

I wonder if they are going to remove the crane body. Yes, they originally planned to have it again this year, but that was three years ago.

Arcadia replied on one of the socials confirming that the spider was replacing Pangea this year.

5 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

The crane body will be going when they start work in the field.

It's always been called Arcadia.   They never changed their name when they purchased the crane! 

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

The crane body will be going when they start work in the field.

It's always been called Arcadia.   They never changed their name when they purchased the crane! 

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/

Thanks Stuie, course I should have said the Spider.

It's a bit like people see that clock tower at Westminster and call it Big Ben, when in actual fact that's the name of the bell.

9 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Thanks Stuie, course I should have said the Spider.

It's a bit like people see that clock tower at Westminster and call it Big Ben, when in actual fact that's the name of the bell.

Well, you learn something every day!  Thanks @Staberinde😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Asked my Wife if she'd like to have a wander around the farm at the weekend before it properly closes down.

Even dangled the carrot of saying our daughter could play on the ship in the kidzfield.

It was a flat no.

It's really difficult having an other half who doesn't share the same passion for the festival 😂

Dude! I still haven't told my wife I'm going, and I've had my ticket since 2019. She really hates that I go off for a week and have fun leaving her with the kids. I've tried all sorts to make it fair and nothing helps. If the kids weren't in school I'd take them, but they are.
I feel your pain.

So I think the crane action this morning by Pyramid was just to move the concrete blocks that the screen towers are mounted to. So I think the thoughts of bigger screens (or something else) is looking more likely....

If you look to the right of the stage on cam you can see a block with disturbed earth that has definitely moved to the right (away from the stage) compared to photos from earlier this week

image.png.7aed385ed39f10f29f5513409d79ac5f.png

9 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

So I think the crane action this morning by Pyramid was just to move the concrete blocks that the screen towers are mounted to. So I think the thoughts of bigger screens (or something else) is looking more likely....

If you look to the right of the stage on cam you can see a block with disturbed earth that has definitely moved to the right (away from the stage) compared to photos from earlier this week

where did the crane go ? 

22 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

You wouldn't need a crane that big to move them I don't think - a HIAB could probably do it. Even if a HIAB couldn't do it alone, you could do it with a telehandler helping out. Maybe not best practice H&S wise, mind. 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

where did the crane go ? 

Since all we could see before was the arm of the crane extending from behind the Pyramid, I'd guess it could be parked up behind the pyramid but in a lowered position. 

26 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

This is the level of detail I come here for.

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

You wouldn't need a crane that big to move them I don't think - a HIAB could probably do it. Even if a HIAB couldn't do it alone, you could do it with a telehandler helping out. Maybe not best practice H&S wise, mind. 

Since all we could see before was the arm of the crane extending from behind the Pyramid, I'd guess it could be parked up behind the pyramid but in a lowered position. 

Each of the footings for the pyramid are roughly about 2 tons in weight. The ones for the screen seem to be a similar size. 

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Well - the block only moved this morning, so am pretty sure it was the crane wot done it! 😜