Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Matt42 said:

MUSE headlining Szgiet... Which means they are pretty likely for R&L now.

what do we think?

Or Bestival. Given the disaster that happened last year with Matt announcing they were playing and whatever the hell else happened, could be likely that they are doing it this year instead. Neil seems somewhat convinced they are not the final RandL headliner.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Or Bestival. Given the disaster that happened last year with Matt announcing they were playing and whatever the hell else happened, could be likely that they are doing it this year instead. Neil seems somewhat convinced they are not the final RandL headliner.

Bestival would be surprising given they have The Cure already but they could defo afford to let Glasto have them as well.

11 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

So Rihanna and Beyonce are in the UK over Glastonbury weekend and have the Sunday free, how convenient for Coldplay. 

Is this the supergroup that was talked about last year making an appearance again...maybe Neil did just get the year wrong on his info

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You know they aren't headlining R/L don't you Neil? I still think Bestival is an outside possibility, but that wouldn't stop them playing Glastonbury, which looks by far the most likely just now 

yep, i know they're not headlining reading.

Sometimes I'm able to ask a direct question and have it answered, without the person being prepared to give more away.

20 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

I think if Glasto/Coldplay have managed to get Beyonce/Rihanna/God knows who else to join them on stage, the whole thing might ease the sting of them headlining a bit, which might be what they have tried to do....

Other two will be Adele and Radiohead I reckon.

might be linked in to Emily saying about it being strong on women this year too?

My missus is returning this year and I’ve promised to see Coldplay with her as thanks for her not kicking off about me going solo last year. We swerved them in 2011 so I could go see Big Boi so I’m willing to bite the bullet this time. If they can get a few guests on board for the Sunday, I’ll be happier.

I’ve listened to the new album a couple of times and it’s their standard fare, the second from last track I quite enjoyed infact. Other than the odd track off Viva, they’ve done nothing to my ears since Rush of Blood but I’m willing to go in with an open mind.

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

My missus is returning this year and I’ve promised to see Coldplay with her as thanks for her not kicking off about me going solo last year. We swerved them in 2011 so I could go see Big Boi so I’m willing to bite the bullet this time. If they can get a few guests on board for the Sunday, I’ll be happier.

I’ve listened to the new album a couple of times and it’s their standard fare, the second from last track I quite enjoyed infact. Other than the odd track off Viva, they’ve done nothing to my ears since Rush of Blood but I’m willing to go in with an open mind.

Dude, *really*??? FFS! 

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Find it interesting how last year we were saying that Noel Gallagher wouldn't be playing glasto unless he was headlining and now he is being announced for medium sized festivals?

Is this just to earn a bit of cash before album number 3?

Well last year he was a headliner at all the UK festivals he played and seems like that will be the case this year too. I guess it's just that he wants to be seen as a headliner, although whether headlining medium sized festivals looks stronger than playing second from top at major festivals is debatable.