Headliners 2016

thewayiam

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think if you were getting Radiohead as a proper headline set, you would know by now. It's been 3 weeks since any euro announcement from them, and both the previous were inside about 2 days of each other.

The heck is this supposed to mean? Glastonbury have announced one band. And there's absolutely no reason to think that Radiohead's five announced dates are all they're playing.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I can see him announcing at the end of the half time show
"Thankyou for a great night we will see you for the rel thing in june"

If not NME awards

Both events good reasons to announce or imply theyre playing at least, one of the most watched sporting events or NME awards picking up a godlike genius award. Though I wouldnt be surprised if looked tomorrow and they had been announced.

Maybe thats just me being desperate for an announcement though and expecting too much from glasto

8 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

The heck is this supposed to mean? Glastonbury have announced one band. And there's absolutely no reason to think that Radiohead's five announced dates are all they're playing.

Yes....and some haven't been announce for contractual reasons, do you see the contractual reason why Radiohead aren't announced? They don't have any datea of their own here to sell out.

You lot go all defensive over something when there is a legit reason pointing to what you want no happening.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Yes....and some haven't been announce for contractual reasons, do you see the contractual reason why Radiohead aren't announced? They don't have any datea of their own here to sell out.

You lot go all defensive over something when there is a legit reason pointing to what you want no happening.

Do you seriously think every one of the hundreds of acts playing the festival (aside from ELO) has a contract stopping them from being announced? Glastonbury announces later than other festivals, that's just a fact of how they operate.

33 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I can see him announcing at the end of the half time show
"Thankyou for a great night we will see you for the rel thing in june"

If not NME awards

I think they made the Glastonbury connection because they wanted to draw inspiration from performing there, rather than an actual Glastonbury-themed performance where they dance about on a mini-Pyramid and chug warm cider in their waterproofs. Most of the Super Bowl audience won't know or care what Glastonbury is so I definitely wouldn't expect them announcing festival dates on stage.

An NME awards announcement is probable because Emily Eavis will be there to talk about it to the press as well.

11 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Do you seriously think every one of the hundreds of acts playing the festival (aside from ELO) has a contract stopping them from being announced? Glastonbury announces later than other festivals, that's just a fact of how they operate.

Of course not! But we do usually ahve something by now ans it's generally someone that doesn't have anything stopping them being announced......this kind of fits the bill.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think they made the Glastonbury connection because they wanted to draw inspiration from performing there, rather than an actual Glastonbury-themed performance where they dance about on a mini-Pyramid and chug warm cider in their waterproofs. Most of the Super Bowl audience won't know or care what Glastonbury is so I definitely wouldn't expect them announcing festival dates on stage.

An NME awards announcement is probable because Emily Eavis will be there to talk about it to the press as well.

When are the NME awards? Mid Feb?

27 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When are the NME awards? Mid Feb?

Wednesday 17th of Feb.

I reckon this is when Coldplay will announce as well. They are playing and receiving NME's 'Godlike Genius Award', Emily Eavis has been there the last few years, plus Foo's announced at last years awards.

Edited by stewieee

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aren't Arcade Fire the only headliner from the last 3 years who had been announced by this point? And that's probably only because they announced a stack of dates at once including Glasto.

At this point yes I think so, but come mid to end Feb there has been one headliner announced on the majority of the festivals since 2007, or at least the thingy says that

2 minutes ago, across97 said:

At this point yes I think so, but come mid to end Feb there has been one headliner announced on the majority of the festivals since 2007, or at least the thingy says that

Yeah so Gazza's point about Radiohead not playing because they haven't been announced yet is as dumb as every other point he attempts to make.

Yep that reasoning for Radiohead not playing is absolute nonsense - Glastonbury doesn't announce until later, and if they're gonna announce any headliner early then it's definitely gonna be Coldplay. Glastonbury aren't gonna suddenly change their announcing schedule to fit in with the few festivals Radiohead have announced

24 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I know all the info says she's headlining, but I do think Adele would suit a sunset slot m, purely from an atmospherical point of view, similar to elbow, as there likely won't be much of a light show. I personally find 'magic hour' to be good for atmospheric stuff like Adele 

It's what I can see her asking for and agreeing to if she plays,

21 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

With Emily Eavis expecting a baby she may not be at the NME awards this time. Not that it should have any impact on any announcements there. 

Baby's not due until May is it? It's not like she's about to drop... If she wanted/needed to be at the NME awards she would be fine to be there. 

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I know all the info says she's headlining, but I do think Adele would suit a sunset slot m, purely from an atmospherical point of view, similar to elbow, as there likely won't be much of a light show. I personally find 'magic hour' to be good for atmospheric stuff like Adele 

If Adele plays, she headlines. Maybe her style of music would work earlier but she's unarguably the biggest artist in the world right now, it would be dangerous to put her on at any time when there aren't headline acts elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

If Adele plays, she headlines. Maybe her style of music would work earlier but she's unarguably the biggest artist in the world right now, it would be dangerous to put her on at any time when there aren't headline acts elsewhere 

'Dangerous'

As in, like, you know, actuallyfuckingdangerous. Dun dun dunnnnn.

Edit: Also, using the word 'unarguably' round these parts is completely misguided.

Edited by Woffy

34 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

Lionel Ritchie and Dolly got stupidly big crowds and were 5pm bookings. 

28 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

Remember the crowd Lionel drew last year. They clearly aren't opposed to having 100,000+ people watching a non-headlining act. I can't see Adele attracting a noticeably bigger crowd than Lionel Richie. Not to mention if she plays a sunset slot there will be much stronger competition on other stages than Lionel faced.

I don't think Adele will play a non-headline slot but I think it will be for different reasons than the one you outlined. 

6 hours ago, morph100 said:

There's a Facebook fan group buying and selling at face value, might be worth a look.

think it's called "Coldplay tickets for real fans face value only buy/sell & trade"

Thanks for the info

I'm 1 of the few people who don't have Facebook.

With it being such a massive venue I'm sure some will appear