Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fantastic choice IMHO, one of the big strengths of his set. After a petition demands him to be replaced with a rock band, he makes a point of illuminating the vast empty stage with him stood alone with just a microphone in hand. Completely different to how Jay Z tackled it, completely uncompromising. And then he immediately launches into "that that don't kill me can only make me stronger".

Didn't he have some sort of random Daft Punk background music going on in the background to from Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger to carry it through the start?

You know the only reason Jay Z did that was due to the criticizing from a said Gallagher brother yes?, he wouldn't have came on and done Wonderwall if not so using how he tackled it doesn't really come in to it.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Didn't he have some sort of random Daft Punk background music going on in the background to from Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger to carry it through the start?

You know the only reason Jay Z did that was due to the criticizing from a said Gallagher brother yes?, he wouldn't have came on and done Wonderwall if not so using how he tackled it doesn't really come in to it.

The footage he played of Noel mouthing off right before he did it tipped me off a little bit. Don't see what your point is really, Jay Z did a bit of tongue-in-cheek rock to get the crowd on side, Kanye just went the full Kanye right out of the gate. Both different responses to criticism of them being rappers at Glastonbury.

Kanye was a horrific headliner. Classes himself as the greatest living rockstar on the planet, he's that deluded he can't even tell what genre of music he does anymore. Would be a sad day if he's ever announced again as a pyramid headliner but by then he will have probably moved from rock to country music and ruining John Denvers music instead of Queen. 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Kanye was a horrific headliner. Classes himself as the greatest living rockstar on the planet, he's that deluded he can't even tell what genre of music he does anymore. Would be a sad day if he's ever announced again as a pyramid headliner but by then he will have probably moved from rock to country music and ruining John Denvers music instead of Queen. 

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/rock-star

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can see the point however I would class a rockstar as someone who performs rock music rather than someone who just sings popular music or lives the celebrity lifestyle. I don't think Kanye was embracing the celebrity lifestyle when he made that statement. 

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

only a matter of time before Drake is in the running and we can have a whole new level of outrage.

give me this over Museplay any day:

Drake's way too inoffensive to cause a "whole new level of outrage". The new album will probably be his major mainstream breakthrough in this country (despite being the biggest thing in the charts stateside) and I could see it happening at some point after that, yeah. Few years like.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The footage he played of Noel mouthing off right before he did it tipped me off a little bit. Don't see what your point is really, Jay Z did a bit of tongue-in-cheek rock to get the crowd on side, Kanye just went the full Kanye right out of the gate. Both different responses to criticism of them being rappers at Glastonbury.

I don't get what you're point is?, it was only Noel who mouthed off about Jay Z how he did really so just used that, he wouldn't have without that being said. With Kanye, it was a major outrage lol, a bit different. Who was he going to bring out?, Big Sean.........awkward!!!!!

1 hour ago, admscott said:

Yes he did. Because... y'know... that's what the song is.

Oh.....so his only relatively alright song is just a rip off from another song with his annoying voice played over it!.....now I get it.

13 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I can see the point however I would class a rockstar as someone who performs rock music rather than someone who just sings popular music or lives the celebrity lifestyle. I don't think Kanye was embracing the celebrity lifestyle when he made that statement. 

Fuck the oxford dictionary bullshit off! He's not a rock star in any way, shape or form lol.

It wasn't just Noel, but whatever.

Kanye shouting he was the greatest rock star in the world was shouted specifically to wind up the pricks who demanded he be replaced with a rock band, as was "forgetting" the words to Queen. Kanye stuck two fingers up at the petitioners in spectacular fashion. All the sequelers of "How can he call himself a rock star when he doesn't have a proper haircut, tunes, or instruments!?" were reacting exactly how he wanted them to.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't get what you're point is?, it was only Noel who mouthed off about Jay Z how he did really so just used that, he wouldn't have without that being said. With Kanye, it was a major outrage lol, a bit different. Who was he going to bring out?, Big Sean.........awkward!!!!!

Oh.....so his only relatively alright song is just a rip off from another song with his annoying voice played over it!.....now I get it.

Fuck the oxford dictionary bullshit off! He's not a rock star in any way, shape or form lol.

Why so angry, man? It's just a bit of music. 

8 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

So are we now looking at

Fri: Muse - Surely wouldn't play anything less than headliner

Sat: Radiohead - Adele says thanks but no thanks, not yet anyway, Radiohead available all along, easy deal to seal.

Sun: Coldplay - The most likely and obvious headliner of the lot.

After months of resigning myself to 3 shit pyramid headliners, I'll be distraught if Radiohead clash with New Order.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Radiohead vs New Order would be a bit of a weird one as you'd imagine there'd be some crossover there, but i guess if it came down to it they wouldn't really have a choice. still gonna stick with Radiohead vs Disclosure on the Friday though. that one makes a lot more sense

Put EWF up against any of them and im happy