Jump to content
bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

Recommended Posts

On 1/17/2019 at 8:25 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

FB_IMG_1547745817073.jpg

Hi all, 

Been lurking around this post for a while, but first time posting on it!

Really sad to see Kolsch is booked for both nights at Awakening, hoping he can maybe squeeze on Thursday or Friday at G. Aside from that I'd love to see some Anjunadeep representation this year, went to their night at Printworks back in December and was blown away. Perhaps James and James, Yotto or Luttrell who has an album coming out next week I think..

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James_Glasto_LDn said:

Hi all, 

Been lurking around this post for a while, but first time posting on it!

Really sad to see Kolsch is booked for both nights at Awakening, hoping he can maybe squeeze on Thursday or Friday at G. Aside from that I'd love to see some Anjunadeep representation this year, went to their night at Printworks back in December and was blown away. Perhaps James and James, Yotto or Luttrell who has an album coming out next week I think..

 

 

 

Welcome to the thread, James

It's nice in here...

:)

Ben

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

the Maceo Plex/Adam Beyer/Pan-Pot wundernacht of 2015!

Yes!  What a night that was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how I feel about a festival selling out on pre-sales. Also considering how Ticket swap is now full of re-sellers.

Guess I'm spoiled with how Glasto treats us. Just left with a sour taste in my mouth. Hm.

Edit: Does this usually happen? I'm almost inclined to believe someone messed up and that it was a mistake to sell all the passes in the pre-sale. That there was meant to be some saved for General Sale and it didn't happen. 

Edited by Acid Loafers
Added Comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Not sure how I feel about a festival selling out on pre-sales. Also considering how Ticket swap is now full of re-sellers.

Guess I'm spoiled with how Glasto treats us. Just left with a sour taste in my mouth. Hm.

Edit: Does this usually happen? I'm almost inclined to believe someone messed up and that it was a mistake to sell all the passes in the pre-sale. That there was meant to be some saved for General Sale and it didn't happen. 

Yeah it’s fairly typical, they did the same last year, in fairness the pre-sale only involves signing up to the mailing list. It does become an issue though in the sense that tickets are e-tickets without names on so really easy to shift on the touting market, and they’re big sellers straight after the sale, usually go to face value as you get closer to the festival itself though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it’s getting mad popular. Maybe they should to a glasto style registration with photo id system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah it’s fairly typical, they did the same last year, in fairness the pre-sale only involves signing up to the mailing list. It does become an issue though in the sense that tickets are e-tickets without names on so really easy to shift on the touting market, and they’re big sellers straight after the sale, usually go to face value as you get closer to the festival itself though. 

Fair. My Dekmantel conspiracy theories were short lived. 

It does make sense. Give tickets to those most interested/those who signed up months ahead. Just feel like it's not clear that ALL the tickets are available in this window. General Sale seems a bit pointless at this stage. 

 

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Sounds like it’s getting mad popular. Maybe they should to a glasto style registration with photo id system.

Every event should be using a system like the ticket app Dice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DxrQlVYWwAAiljG.jpg:large

 

Some very good names there, very tempted. Has anyone ever been? I've heard the crowd is terrible!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bar about 5 acts, that's close to my idea of hell. I can only imagine the amount of shirtless LADZ with bumbags and the NOS canisters littering the approach.

e: Love Saves The Day i mean. AVA lineup looks good, although the crowd is basically all annoying teenagers.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What's everyone else's favourite Glastonbury electronica moments/sets/nights? 

Kerri Chandler NYC Downlow 2013

Jon Hopkins Glade 2014

Jackmaster Tweak-a-holic 2014 (oh jack)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

bar about 5 acts, that's close to my idea of hell. I can only imagine the amount of shirtless LADZ with bumbags and the NOS canisters littering the approach.

e: Love Saves The Day i mean. AVA lineup looks good, although the crowd is basically all annoying teenagers.

Thats what I've heard, considering how close to glasto it is it might be a non runner anyway to get another weekend away from work, still some quality names that would be worth traversing a terrible crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

bar about 5 acts, that's close to my idea of hell. I can only imagine the amount of shirtless LADZ with bumbags and the NOS canisters littering the approach.

e: Love Saves The Day i mean. AVA lineup looks good, although the crowd is basically all annoying teenagers.

This, ghosty...with maybe only three in there for me.

With not one shred of offence to @Mouseboy11, and accepting that the world is a better place for all its diversity, that line-up is an abomination for me...!

Eek!

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

 

Jon Hopkins Glade 2014

This for me!

Hoping he's back this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gibble said:

This for me!

Hoping he's back this year...

One of those sets where everything came together perfectly huh. I think he's pretty likely to return this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you been to Lost Village? The line up really is good and I am tempted. Though I'd favour Houghton for the non-stop music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think I could do a dance only festival any more. 

AVA Lineup is good but the Belfast crowd is a world away from the pretentious boiler room guff you normally see. Not necessarily in a good way either. 

Chems on Sunday night in 2015 was pretty special IMO to keep with the thread theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Have any of you been to Lost Village? The line up really is good and I am tempted. Though I'd favour Houghton for the non-stop music. 

I've been twice. It's probably the best UK festival I've been to (haven't been to Glasto yet - this year is the first time I've managed to get tickets). Campsite is great, stages are all brilliant, line up is always very good (imo) and in my experience there is very good atmosphere and crowd. I loved it both times.

Been thinking I'll maybe give Houghton a go this year as it's meant to be fantastic as well, but if you haven't been to LV then I recommend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Col!n said:

I've been twice. It's probably the best UK festival I've been to (haven't been to Glasto yet - this year is the first time I've managed to get tickets). Campsite is great, stages are all brilliant, line up is always very good (imo) and in my experience there is very good atmosphere and crowd. I loved it both times.

Been thinking I'll maybe give Houghton a go this year as it's meant to be fantastic as well, but if you haven't been to LV then I recommend it.

Thank you. Definitely considering it, I think I'd be completely sold if it had a later licence. Is it 1 it finishes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the line-up drops so far, Blawan is conspicuously absent from the Awakenings line-up. I'm taking that as a TBC for the Farm!

Ben

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just looking at the line-up drops so far, Blawan is conspicuously absent from the Awakenings line-up. I'm taking that as a TBC for the Farm!

Ben

He does owe them one to be fair, the scamp 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's playing b2b with Ben UFO at Dekmantel, make that happen and it'll make up for his cancellation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m absolutely pissed off with Awakenings line up. Probably around 90% of acts (that I know of) that I was hoping to see on my first ever Glastonbury. It’s actually making me sick, no joke.

 

What are the chances some of them will make an appearance at Glastonbury? Next to none I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

I’m absolutely pissed off with Awakenings line up. Probably around 90% of acts (that I know of) that I was hoping to see on my first ever Glastonbury. It’s actually making me sick, no joke.

 

What are the chances some of them will make an appearance at Glastonbury? Next to none I guess?

Next to none yeah. But there will be absolutely loads of good stuff at Glasto, fear not. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...