Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

56 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Inner City now a Strong Rumour (and on this year's playlist)

Nice to see you 'round these parts, BSR  :) 

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, as I posted somewhere else...

I know they have a UK festival booked in for the Friday - I just don't know the festival.

It's likely to be Glasto tho I think. 

Ditto, Neil!

:)

Ben

4 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

That lineup isn't overwhelming me but I can't wait to see the production as an insight on what to expect at Glasto.

Except that we know that the Spider won't be there at Glastonbury, and that they are bringing an entirely new installation (YAY!). So, unless one has never seen an Arcadia thing before, I don't think that event will give any indications for The Farm...

Ben

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Except that we know that the Spider won't be there at Glastonbury, and that they are bringing an entirely new installation (YAY!). So, unless one has never seen an Arcadia thing before, I don't think that event will give any indications for The Farm...

Ben

Hang on no spider at glasto this year? How did I miss that one? Whats going in there instead?

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

Hang on no spider at glasto this year? How did I miss that one? Whats going in there instead?

That's the suprise! :) 

No one knows, and they have a big hole to fill and expectations will be high! I'm confident they can pull something amazing off to have removed the spider.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

This is a great thread, Ben, but I tend to lurk around these parts, as I don't really know what I'm talking about. I'm learning though; loved the DJ Koze and Helena Hauff records last year, would love to see them at the G.

Seen Koze at Prima last year. Was class. Helena Hauff is my dream this year on Genosys. Not confident of seeing either to be honest though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Couple of articles with the Arcadia guys have confirmed that we’ll be arachnid free at Glastonbury (assuming the newbie is not a scorpion, etc...), but that they have a BRAND NEW installation that will be revealed at Gods’ Own Festival. So, sad though we are to lose that beast, we will be the first to rave under/next to/around the latest creation. 

Which is frickin brilliant. Now they just need to come up with at least one night’s line-up as stellar as the Maceo Plex/Adam Beyer/Pan-Pot wundernacht of 2015!

Ben

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was that your favourite night at the festival, Ben?

Argh...not sure. It was pretty spectacular. I was right under the Spider and the sound was phenomenal. But then four hours of spangled wonderment with a couple of people I’d never met before, dancing to a very techy set from Seth Troxler B2B Martinez Brothers in the mud and rain of 2016 at LoveBullets when it was in Shangri-La was just one of those moments. And then Jon Hopkins under the belly of the Spider in 2017, with some of my favourite people in the world that I only see at Glastonbury, witnessing one of the finest sets of euphoric techno I’ve ever danced to...

Is it June yet, Dad?

Ben x

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Argh...not sure. It was pretty spectacular. I was right under the Spider and the sound was phenomenal. But then four hours of spangled wonderment with a couple of people I’d never met before, dancing to a very techy set from Seth Troxler B2B Martinez Brothers in the mud and rain of 2016 at LoveBullets when it was in Shangri-La was just one of those moments. And then Jon Hopkins under the belly of the Spider in 2017, with some of my favourite people in the world that I only see at Glastonbury, witnessing one of the finest sets of euphoric techno I’ve ever danced to...

Is it June yet, Dad?

Ben x

You paint a wonderful picture, my friend. 

154 days...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is it June yet, Dad?

Ben x

What's everyone else's favourite Glastonbury electronica moments/sets/nights? 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Couple of articles with the Arcadia guys have confirmed that we’ll be arachnid free at Glastonbury (assuming the newbie is not a scorpion, etc...), but that they have a BRAND NEW installation that will be revealed at Gods’ Own Festival. So, sad though we are to lose that beast, we will be the first to rave under/next to/around the latest creation. 

Which is frickin brilliant. Now they just need to come up with at least one night’s line-up as stellar as the Maceo Plex/Adam Beyer/Pan-Pot wundernacht of 2015!

Ben

Sounds interesting. I wonder what it will be if arachnids are ruled out? Will it be some sort of animal shaped rave machine or something else entirely. This has me more excited than any of the announcements we've had so far.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah Ben ufo b2b Job Jose was class

steffi & Virginia in 2017 too

Steffi and Virginia were amazing. Especially when Steffi was completely incredulous as to why she wasn’t allowed to play more to a still entirely up for it crowd, just because it was 6am! She was FURIOUS!! 

Ben

On 1/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Anyone who is thinking about going to Dekmantel, be aware that it sells out in minutes usually, so be ready and prepared as if it were a Glastonbury ticket day (it's not quite as brutal as that, but they sell very very quickly)

Looking at the line-up, anyone there who doesn't go to see Caterina Barbieri and Sarah Davachi at Bimhuis on 1 August is a 24 karat idiot.

Two of my favourite artists and creators of two of my AOTYs last year.

You lucky buggers.

Ben