Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

Telling you man, seminal moment in Glastonbury history. The equivalent of Orbital in 94.

Skrillex. Totally seminal Glasto moment. It was dark, me and the wife stood at the base of one of the Other Stage flag poles...the amazing countdown...the palpable excitement...the build up...the light show...

"Pfff...wanna go see fire come off that spider thing down the way...there's girls hanging off it being balletic and stuff"

"Ok"

"..."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, i fucking loved that Skrillex thing. I didnt understand it, was a dreadful fucking noise, like he was building a shed, but the atmosphere, the fact there was a whole new generation of people going mental to something i didn't understand. Wonderful.

He wants to become an artist make more money in a broader sense market - nothing wrong with that but i'm not convinced he's got the talent (outside of music) to back it up. Sort of reminded me of an interview with a footballer about anything other than football, and them largely talking out of their arse.

Fixed :P

jayz had the history etc ad te rap credentials and is generally well liked,kanye is a puff daddy style producer turned rapper who is pretty much hated generally over here. Could he fill over an our with his hits. he could poss have few guests. just dnt think he would be up to same standard.

jayz had the history etc ad te rap credentials and is generally well liked,kanye is a puff daddy style producer turned rapper who is pretty much hated generally over here. Could he fill over an our with his hits. he could poss have few guests. just dnt think he would be up to same standard.

Not sure what's worse in this post, spelling or content.

Edited by Badlands

I'd argue he has more recognisable hits than Jay-Z does (and certainly did at the time of headlining) to be honest.

As far as hits that absolutely everyone will know goes, I'd say

Jay Z (then):

Empire State of Mind

99 Problems

Kanye (now):

Stronger

Touch the Sky

Niggas In Paris

Gold Digger

There's quite a lot of other Kanye songs I think most people would recognise too, Jay Z has maybe only 2 or 3 more.

Jay Z (then):

Empire State of Mind

99 Problems

Kanye (now):

Stronger

Touch the Sky

Niggas In Paris

Gold Digger

There's quite a lot of other Kanye songs I think most people would recognise too, Jay Z has maybe only 2 or 3 more.

I only know Gold Digger of that lot. I also know Jesus Walks

Jay Z (then):

Empire State of Mind

99 Problems

Kanye (now):

Stronger

Touch the Sky

Niggas In Paris

Gold Digger

except Empire State came out in 2009..

i was in the field for Jay Z, the crowd recognised plenty, but he did use bits and bobs sample wise to broaden the appeal (Prodigy, Winehouse, Led Zep off the top of my head). the black album and the blueprint were huge albums with many singles.

How is Niggas in Paris a Kanye song?

Jay mixed ACDC & U2 into his songs and the remix of Rehab to make it more pleasing to the non fans.

Blueprint and Black Album, while admittedly ace, never really crossed over to the mainstream of uk like Kanye has. Imho!

How is Niggas in Paris a Kanye song?

Jay mixed ACDC & U2 into his songs and the remix of Rehab to make it more pleasing to the non fans.

Blueprint and Black Album, while admittedly ace, never really crossed over to the mainstream of uk like Kanye has. Imho!

It isn't, but he plays it, so it's a recognisable song in his setlist.

All Falls Down

Jesus Walks

Through The Wire

-------

Touch The Sky

Gold Digger

Diamonds from Sierra Leon

------

Stronger

Good Life

Flashing Lights

------

Love Lockdown

Heartless

------

All of the Lights

Monster

Runaway

Power

------

Niggas in Paris

------

Clique

Mercy

------

Black Skinhead

New Slaves

Bound 2

Blood on the Leaves

enough well-known tracks there to form a setlist. if he had Jay-Z or Pusha T with him you could add a few more, and even Chris Martin for Homecoming, they've done it live together before and Kanye did it on the Yeezus tour....

if this co-headlining tour with Rihanna happens, you'd have to expect her for a couple of tracks too, assuming she doesn't end up playing too.

Edited by ghostdancer1

All Falls Down

Jesus Walks

Through The Wire

-------

Touch The Sky

Gold Digger

Diamonds from Sierra Leon

------

Stronger

Good Life

Flashing Lights

------

Love Lockdown

Heartless

------

All of the Lights

Monster

Runaway

Power

------

Niggas in Paris

------

Clique

Mercy

------

Black Skinhead

New Slaves

Bound 2

Blood on the Leaves

enough well-known tracks there to form a setlist. if he had Jay-Z or Pusha T with him you could add a few more, and even Chris Martin for Homecoming, they've done it live together before and Kanye did it on the Yeezus tour....

if this co-headlining tour with Rihanna happens, you'd have to expect her for a couple of tracks too, assuming she doesn't end up playing too.

Add to that can't tell me nothing, don't like, cold and now only one, four five seconds and all day

Why is it even a question that he has enough hits to headline?