Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, it's about giving marketing to the biggest acts in the UK who are already immensely successful and mainly white. Kanye was trying to give attention to some hip hop artists who are just as deserving, if not more, of this kind of exposure.

Well they have had barely any as its been all about Kanye as usual, if he had done a proper duet type thing with one or two of them then they might have got exposure.

There are hundreds of acts across loads of different genres that could have done with exposure the Brits give, its not some great injustice against black people/hip hop and Kanye has done the grand sum of fuck all apart from "expose" it to a few people bored on the internet.

LondonTom: missing the point since 1999 (i'm assuming that's the year you were born)

Had to change it, since Swift stole 1989 :(

Edited by LondonTom

I don't even know what grime is, apart from stuff Cilit Bang can get rid of.

I thought the blokes behind Kanye were just blokes behind Kanye. It now turns out they were grimey blokes stood behind Kanye. No point was proved, no statement made, the world keeps turning, Kanye is still a c**t and I remain a blissfully ignorant old git.

Yours missing the point since 1967

Gnom.

I didn't know Kanye was an actual human being with real feelings, you can tell he's a very passionate guy.

I hope he headlines Glastonbury this year.

Apparantly Plan B, Tinie Tempah, Professor Green, MIA and Ms Dynamite are classed as 'grime', not sure I'd agree but if so they're all pretty popular outside London :P

Grime is a joke of a genre, it is basically middle class people who went to drama school rapping about blackberries and shopping at LIDL. MIA isn't grime, I'd say she was R&B/electronic.

I didn't know Kanye was an actual human being with real feelings, you can tell he's a very passionate guy.

I hope he headlines Glastonbury this year.

Grime is a joke of a genre, it is basically middle class people who went to drama school rapping about blackberries and shopping at LIDL. MIA isn't grime, I'd say she was R&B/electronic.

Trolololololol

We're specifically talking about British grime and underground urban hip hop. Last time I checked, there wasn't any of that at the top of festival bills, and Metallica were everywhere that would take them.

That's not really a fair comparison. Metallica are closer, in relation to underground thrash/speed and death metal to what Dre, Eminem, Snoop or even Kanye (who had top billing at the awards) are to underground hip hop.

Yes the brits do not pay attention to black grime artists but they also ignore other types of, non-mainstream music. Race is

an issue (with the Brits and other awards) but it's not the only one. The brits are sh*t, all awards ceremonies are - we all agree on that.

Kanye is talented and this was a good move but people are less receptive to it due to his past words and actions. If he'd

been more respectful to Beck i'd have listened to him more. He wasn't, because he's a d*ck.

Edited by DJL

Seems like Kanye's performance is making some kind of impact - /Hjx5xboYgD

that's a load of bollocks. The reason it's shit is because the music is shit and the musicians are boring as fuck.

How would more boring black people playing shit music make it any better?

This sort of pop music with mass appeal is complete shit. It always will be. It's not a matter of race, it's a matter of shit music being performed by shit people.

There's nothing sinister about it. It's just a load of shit.

care to name the black artists in the mainstream who have done more than other mainstream artists in the last year to deserve an award more than whities?

They're mainstream awards, and what is mainstream is what wins.

I was merely using the article to demonstrate that Kanye got them more exposure in the mainstream press, couldn't care less if they are picking up Brit Awards to be honest.

Sadly that scene won't ever get the mainstream success that it deserves because the artists and promoters of those nights are unfairly targeted by the police, and as demonstrated by the buzzfeed article posted earlier there are still unfair racial prejudices attached to the music and the artists that make it.

I was merely using the article to demonstrate that Kanye got them more exposure in the mainstream press, couldn't care less if they are picking up Brit Awards to be honest.

Sadly that scene won't ever get the mainstream success that it deserves because the artists and promoters of those nights are unfairly targeted by the police, and as demonstrated by the buzzfeed article posted earlier there are still unfair racial prejudices attached to the music and the artists that make it.

or maybe that sort of music doesnt have mass appeal?