• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I was so tempted to buy tickets to Paul Simon & Sting in Manchester last night, I eventually decided it would be naff and £55 was too steep, now everybody I know who went is frothing about how brilliant it was. I regret not going.

'Sting' and 'brilliant' are not natural bedfellows. Must have been some gig.

I still have bad memories of Simon's set in 2011 to even entertain the thought of seeing him again.

I was soooo looking forward to Paul SImon in '11 - massive S&G fan for years. He was so disappointing, we left halfway through and saw TV on the Radio instead. Best decision I made that year.

I then shot myself in the foot by leaving TVOTR half way through to see Plan B (who at the time I was a bigger fan of) who was mediocre at best - worse decision of the fest. Finally returned to other to see second half of Eels who were brilliant. My smug mate had seen the entire TVOTR and Eels sets.

I was so tempted to buy tickets to Paul Simon & Sting in Manchester last night, I eventually decided it would be naff and £55 was too steep, now everybody I know who went is frothing about how brilliant it was. I regret not going.

I was tempted too, but I think we've made the right decision.

Sting singing america is the stuff of nightmares.

Paul Simon was ill at Glastonbury I think - could happen to anybody. Better that he braves on then doesn't appear at all.

Yeah he was and I will forgive that, but the setlist was kind of flat as well. It was not awful by any means, but neither was it the highlight I was hoping for.

You think Jack White seen us talking about his shambles of a performance last year...

He's been near enough non stop touring with several of his bands since the White Stripes debut came out, I can't really blame him for taking a long break from touring.