Acid_Haze

personally i'm listing to a lot of Courtney Barnett and Kate Tempest, might not be your cup to tea but i'd be happy with more people in the world listening to either of them :)

I was about to say Kate Tempest so I will second that. I am Kloot are pretty good too. Swim Deep have SR next to them but I think there is a reasonably big chance that they will play and I really like them so I would defo recommend giving them a listen. Also, fairly certain Chromeo will play as they had to pull out last minute last year and said they were gutted and hoped to play this year instead... give them a listen if you don't know them because they are funkyyyyy!

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I'm open to anything really. Already got Courtney on my Spotify list, and from what I've heard so far she's spot on. Will give Kate a listen on the way home in the car. Thank you!

Have you tried Brave Sir Robin's Spotify list?

It basically has 3-5 songs off every rumoured band in there, and is generally fantastic

Edit - Link - https://play.spotify.com/user/richardmunden/playlist/5cwDjQVpVo6T9y1z1OHe8f?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Edited by Chewie

I was about to say Kate Tempest so I will second that. I am Kloot are pretty good too. Swim Deep have SR next to them but I think there is a reasonably big chance that they will play and I really like them so I would defo recommend giving them a listen. Also, fairly certain Chromeo will play as they had to pull out last minute last year and said they were gutted and hoped to play this year instead... give them a listen if you don't know them because they are funkyyyyy!

I do love a bit of Chromeo, so I've already been on that like a dog on hot chips!

Speaking of hot chips, I can't wait to see Hot Chip again. Stalked them for years now.

Will definitely pop the others in my playlist too

Chances of getting our line up in the next couple of weeks is slim to none, so can anyone recommend any of the TBCs on the list that are a must to listen to in advance?

Father John Misty! May be a little weird but if you get into it, bloody hell, it's good.

Glasto 98

One lingering memory is going to bed with my legs utterly caked in mud. I had been wearing shorts and there was just no way to get clean. I woke at about 5a.m. in agony. The mud had dried and contracted to the point where it was pulling on every single one of my leg hairs. Trying to pull the mud off only resulted in further epilation. So, I had to get dressed and stumble out in the dawn light (the quietest I've ever seen the place) and trudge over to one of the taps for an early morning "leg shower". Then wet-legged and back to bed for another 5 hours or so.

Still, Tony Bennett was brilliant.

Have you tried Brave Sir Robin's Spotify list?

It basically has 3-5 songs off every rumoured band in there, and is generally fantastic

Edit - Link - https://play.spotify.com/user/richardmunden/playlist/5cwDjQVpVo6T9y1z1OHe8f?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Not supported on my work PC, but will have a deeks when I get home. I've been stuck in a rut listening to the same stuff recently.

Also, I will trust anything with a Monty Python reference. Everytime I see Brave Sir Robin, I sing it in my head.

Thank you!

I do love a bit of Chromeo, so I've already been on that like a dog on hot chips!

Speaking of hot chips, I can't wait to see Hot Chip again. Stalked them for years now.

Took a girl in 1992 who was a bit of a dog & hot chip type

Chances of getting our line up in the next couple of weeks is slim to none, so can anyone recommend any of the TBCs on the list that are a must to listen to in advance?

I'd always recommend The Maccabees to anybody. I know most people will probably have heard them in some passing form but I really would advise giving their third album 'Given To The Wild' a proper listen. Such a great album.

Being such a huge fan of theirs I always find it hard to gauge how popular they are and how widespread their listeners really are.

Don't know if they're 'lesser known' as such but The Maccabees are great :)

I'd always recommend The Maccabees to anybody. I know most people will probably have heard them in some passing form but I really would advise giving their third album 'Given To The Wild' a proper listen. Such a great album.

Being such a huge fan of theirs I always find it hard to gauge how popular they are and how widespread their listeners really are.

I listen to that album all the time !

Don't know if they're 'lesser known' as such but The Maccabees are great :)

Yeah, I sort of forgot about the Maccabees for a long while (couldn't tell you why) but then got drunk at a mates a few months back and they popped up on shuffle and the love was rekindled!

Sharon Van Etten and The Maccabees have already been mentioned but both are great. I really like Alvvays album as well.