Acid_Haze

Leeds 2013 was horrendous, just chucked it down Thursday evening and destroyed the whole site.

Last year had just got round to the pyramid stage during the downpour for the stage to be closed, had a poncho and took it out of the packaging to find it had perished and was covered in bits of it for the rest of the weekend.

I left Thursday 6pm when it was sunny because I had an exam the next day at 2. I came back about 5pm friday and it was still sunny so I didn't realise anything had happened.

as I came back on the site it was like a bomb site. Then a few hours later the rain started again... and didn't stop. Terrible weekend, biggest regret of my life going

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

gah you are probably right there. It was ace regardless. His solo stuff was decent too, finishing off with FEAR. Great times.

The La's werent bad, but I think everyone was so hyped they were actually going to see them it was always going to be a let down.

Remember being really excited for The La's and it being a bit of a shambles, fun but too much expectation.

the reverse for Ian Brown, hoping to enjoy it and it being much better. This was the setlist apparently:

I Wanna Be Adored
(The Stone Roses song)
Sally Cinnamon
(The Stone Roses song)
Made of Stone
(The Stone Roses song)
Waterfall
(The Stone Roses song)
Love Like a Fountain
Golden Gaze
Forever and a Day
The Sweet Fantastic
Longsight M13
This Is My Heart
She Bangs the Drums
(The Stone Roses song)
Time Is My Everything
My Star
F.E.A.R.

Remember being really excited for The La's and it being a bit of a shambles, fun but too much expectation.

the reverse for Ian Brown, hoping to enjoy it and it being much better. This was the setlist apparently:

I Wanna Be Adored
(The Stone Roses song)
Sally Cinnamon
(The Stone Roses song)
Made of Stone
(The Stone Roses song)
Waterfall
(The Stone Roses song)
Love Like a Fountain
Golden Gaze
Forever and a Day
The Sweet Fantastic
Longsight M13
This Is My Heart
She Bangs the Drums
(The Stone Roses song)
Time Is My Everything
My Star
F.E.A.R.

Damn, that is a might fine set list.

I left Thursday 6pm when it was sunny because I had an exam the next day at 2. I came back about 5pm friday and it was still sunny so I didn't realise anything had happened.

as I came back on the site it was like a bomb site. Then a few hours later the rain started again... and didn't stop. Terrible weekend, biggest regret of my life going

Had a boss time at the Piccadilly party that night even though most of the ground was under a foot of water.

What annoyed me the most was the festival had clearly no plans in place for what to do in event on such weather.

I am still traumatised from my first Glastonbury experience in 1998.

The nadir was reached when wearing just a black rubbish bag as all my other clothes were sodden and unwearable. As it threatened to p*ss it down yet again, I remember stating that if I lost the bin bag to the rain, that was it. I was off.

And it never did. The sun finally came out and I had an awesome time and saw some amazing sets from Blur, Tony Bennett, Nick Cave and Spiritualized.

But it got close that year to jacking it all in. Bl**dy close.

Edited by Roonwilldo

Yeah. It was my least favourite due to the weather. Too hot for me.

Last year was good, mainly dry. Id rather it not rain, but the storm was really enjoyable where we were. A big sing a long and people thought "fuck it" a real moment.

Last year i was in the JP Tent watching crystal fighters, they managed to complete their set before all the power went and the rain was rolling off the tent roof in sheets. I was with my son and we bombed it out of the JP to get to our tent but only made it as far as a gazebo full of Bristolians (i'm from Swindon). Anyway the banter was brilliant they dished out cans of strongbow and we stayed there for about an hour having a real laugh. Its moments like these that really sets Glasto a part from any other festival ive been to.

The nadir was reached when wearing just a black rubbish bag as all my other clothes were sodden and unwearable. As it threatened to p*ss it down yet again, I remember stating that if I lost the bin bag to the rain, that was it. I was off.

And it never did. The sun finally came out and I had an awesome time and saw some amazing sets from Blur, Tony Bennett, Nick Cave and Spiritualized.

That year took us 6 hours to get off site, largely as a result of someone getting shot and killed if I remember correctly? Seem to recall there being a massive police presence as we left on the Monday.

That year took us 6 hours to get off site, largely as a result of someone getting shot and killed if I remember correctly? Seem to recall there being a massive police presence as we left on the Monday.

Not sure if I remember that but it did take us a long time to exit as the car got stuck in the mud.

I think that it may have been the year though when the poo truck nozzle was accidentally put on blow instead of suck when clearing out water in the dance tent ...

So is the thinking that Prince, Florence & The Machine, The Stone Roses, David Bowie, Taylor Swift and Radiohead are the main candidates for the final slot? Is there anyone who I am missing that are reasonably likely?

That pretty much covers it

So is the thinking that Prince, Florence & The Machine, The Stone Roses, David Bowie, Taylor Swift and Radiohead are the main candidates for the final slot? Is there anyone who I am missing that are reasonably likely?

I think we'd all be shocked if it isn't one of those yeah (whack Madonna in there too). Although this isn't the right topic for this type of discussion. Head over to the Headliners thread if you want to discuss that. Oh wait ........

I think we'd all be shocked if it isn't one of those yeah (whack Madonna in there too). Although this isn't the right topic for this type of discussion. Head over to the Headliners thread if you want to discuss that. Oh wait ........

Well other than Florence I would love any of those... I also love Foo Fighters and Kanye so maybe I will get jammy and like all 3 headliners, though it is the rest of the festival where the real magic happens!

Chances of getting our line up in the next couple of weeks is slim to none, so can anyone recommend any of the TBCs on the list that are a must to listen to in advance?

personally i'm listing to a lot of Courtney Barnett and Kate Tempest, might not be your cup to tea but i'd be happy with more people in the world listening to either of them :)

I feel your pain. Me and my missus at the time bailed Saturday afternoon. 3 days of standing in a beer tent clapping people falling into a hole/puddle got a bit samey after a while.

Of course these days I've discovered the pleasure of wellies rather than trainers and a decent waterproof and tent, so plug on through the chaos.

personally i'm listing to a lot of Courtney Barnett and Kate Tempest, might not be your cup to tea but i'd be happy with more people in the world listening to either of them :)

I'm open to anything really. Already got Courtney on my Spotify list, and from what I've heard so far she's spot on. Will give Kate a listen on the way home in the car. Thank you!