• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I think we're due a scorchio year this time. been quite rainy the last few. global warming, do your thang.

saying that the rain is great sometimes anyway. remember watching craig Charles in arcadia last year and it was torrential. great moment when it stopped, the sun came out and craig's funky soul and disco went up a notch.

I was there in '98 as a fresh faced 13 year old, absolutely stunning until the Friday morning and then it basically didn't stop raining for the rest of the weekend, I tripped up over a rope holding a marquee up on the way back from Jazz World having seen Roni Size and basically went face first into a puddle of thick mud about 8 inches deep, an exceptionally unpleasant night sleep that evening.

104607793_06a731b3b9_z.jpg

Think that about sums up 2005...

my first one. it was great fun, mad though. My dad was gutted when it rained and the site was a mess, he thought I'd hate it and never want to go again. When i came running back from the Undertones with a huge grin he said he stopped worrying. Edited by III

The longer they leave it before making some kind of announcement, the greater the chances that someone in the know will leak or blab, and that would be embarrassing for the festival, as they would probably then be forced to rush something official out.

It's happened before, and must present them with a real dilemma on timing.

The prospect of a 'secret' set from Bill Bailey on the Fire Stage at midnight was all that kept me going

I had seen him inside the cabaret tent earlier that day so I was all tucked up in my tent when the headliners came on, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have bothered to see him do that late night slot. I don't envy anyone who was out in that weather.

I was also in bed for the Saturday headliner. I was so ill I should have gone home, but I had no money/transport to do so.

Edited by Untz

I know the feeling. For some reason I went to Leeds 2013 with a couple of t-shirts, a pair of old Vans, 1 pair of socks and a pair of jeans. Five days of sheer hell that was. God knows why I was so woefully unprepared, but I don't think I could ever do a festival again without investing in proper gear.

That was horrific. I also decided it would be sunny enough to warrant not bringing a pair of wellies, thank god for oxfam, eh?

I remember standing in my tent with my mates after we'd got back from watching Frank Turner on the Saturday and we were all feeling pretty shitty but then we went and just threw ourselves into the SOAD moshpits and everything seemed right with the world.

2007......god that was grim....

shudder

Whilst most of our group stayed by their tents in Big Ground to watch The Who I made the mammoth trek over to Other Stage for The Chemicals . Have to say despite the rain and mud it was one of my all time Glasto highlights and I said at the time there was nowhere else I would rather have been than in that field.

Getting out of site was a nightmare the following morning - We finally got back to Wakefield late afternoon and after a clean up managed to get to my g/f s house despite the bad weather.

I fell asleep early evening to be told that the surrounding streets were flooding and I should take a look. The water started getting nearer and nearer to her house and some of the neighbours houses were starting to flood - we moved what stuff we could and went back to bed. Fire Brigade woke us up around midnight and said we had to prepare to be evacuated. Grabbed her cats and went to the door - Fireman had brought a dinghy for the cats but we could just walk out in wellies - decamped to my house and there was not much else we could do

Luckily the flooding stopped at her door and she only lost stuff in the cellar , but neighbours lost their homes for months.

I will always remember leaving a flooded Somerset field for a flooded Wakefield !

I remember watching The Who and then when they finished I was wandering around in the rain in my wet weathers and quite by chance at 1am got to see Bill Bailey do a 2 hour set on the Fire and Dance stage. It was pissing down but that only added to the weird randomness going on. A definite Glastonbury highlight for me.

The longer they leave it before making some kind of announcement, the greater the chances that someone in the know will leak or blab, and that would be embarrassing for the festival, as they would probably then be forced to rush something official out.

It's happened before, and must present them with a real dilemma on timing.

I don't know why it would cause much of a problem, unless some of it's incorrect. GFL just don't need to comment.

Plus, I'm sure those 'in the know' about anything sensitive like P***** would keep quiet, as they'd know first hand why it's a secret.

2007 was my first too and it was the sole reason I didn't go in 2008. Which is a shame as lots of people I know who went have said it's their favourite one. There's nothing that can prepare you for five days of non-stop rain, still had an awesome time though - The Who were awesome.

We won't get mud like that again though because of the improved drainage will we... WILL WE?!!

If Prince headlines he'll hopefully get his people to make sure the weather's to his liking anyway...

2007 was my first too and it was the sole reason I didn't go in 2008. Which is a shame as lots of people I know who went have said it's their favourite one. There's nothing that can prepare you for five days of non-stop rain, still had an awesome time though - The Who were awesome.

We won't get mud like that again though because of the improved drainage will we... WILL WE?!!

If Prince headlines he'll hopefully get his people to make sure the weather's to his liking anyway...

Well he is a Kate Bush fan.

Has the weather ever caused anyone to pack up early and go home?

leeds 2013 almost

I packed the wrong wellies and they were 2 sizes too small for me so had to deal eith trainers and didnt have a proper coat.

my tent also completely leaked and ao i had to sleep in water.

The only thing that kept me there was because another friend left so I stole his tent

Though it did dry up in the main part. This was Sunday, we stumbled on this bloke. Look closely and you will see what a great time hes had...

104608550_282a218f50_z.jpg

No matter how many times you shake, the last drop always belongs to the trousers

Edited by pentura

So it'll be chucking it down, but it'll be Purple?!?!?!?!

Oooooooo maybe they'll use Ribena!! :girldance:

That was horrific. I also decided it would be sunny enough to warrant not bringing a pair of wellies, thank god for oxfam, eh?

I remember standing in my tent with my mates after we'd got back from watching Frank Turner on the Saturday and we were all feeling pretty shitty but then we went and just threw ourselves into the SOAD moshpits and everything seemed right with the world.

The rain was that bad I missed SOAD (the band I was most looking forward to) to see Bastille just so I couls get some shelter. I was that desperate

So it'll be chucking it down, but it'll be Purple?!?!?!?!

Oooooooo maybe they'll use Ribena!! :girldance:

The only time I'd accept rain would be for that song. All the lights from the stage would be purple and it would look amazing! I'm sure if they could pull it off inside the O2, they could do it for Glastonbury!