Acid_Haze

Don't think he's ever played Glastonbury.

He's been playing live almost non stop since about 2007 now though and would be perfect for a headline slot on the Acoustic Stage or an afternoon slot on the Pyramid. Think back to Willie Nelson a few years ago.

As for Supertramp, he fell out with them when they reneged on a gentleman's agreement to not perform his songs at their live shows.

They still play his hits and they form about 30% of the set which is a shame really as Rick Davies has some great songs himself and Mark Hart who sings Roger's songs is a woeful singer.

Hodgson has started playing festivals too and does have a Glasto shaped hole in this summer's schedule.

I'm crossing my fingers in hope.

That is a strong shout. Those dates run with 1 to 2 days in between dates. A very suspicious 3 day gap during the big weekend. I'd put money on it.

My mate decided against getting a ticket for this year's festival and he will be gutted if his name appears on the lineup. Massive Supertramp fan.

Edited by tezshields

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

the info I can place the most trust in for Chems is telling me that they'll be Sunday.

I'm not saying that's right, btw, just that in theory it's more likely to be right than other things I've heard.

Cheers Neil, great news :)

The Strokes on one of the other days (excuse the pun) would be excellent.

Weren't they meant to play the secret slot last year and couldn't get there in time so Kaiser Chiefs stepped in? Could be a vicious rumour but that's what I heard

Wouldn't surprise me at all, seemed odd that the secret act was one already playing that weekend so they probably did step in for someone.

Hi as i said in my previous post, i met the Vaccines last night and their lead singer said they are booked onto the Other stage for Friday night. I dont think they're big enough to headline but could be Sub / 3rd down?. Apart from that, not a clue....... Just throwing out a random thought, has anyone considered if My Chemical Romance will reform? if they did would they be headliners?

Even if they did I don't think MCR are very much a Glastonbury band. They were a bit of a guilty pleasure at Reading a few years back though.

Hi as i said in my previous post, i met the Vaccines last night and their lead singer said they are booked onto the Other stage for Friday night. I dont think they're big enough to headline but could be Sub / 3rd down?. Apart from that, not a clue....... Just throwing out a random thought, has anyone considered if My Chemical Romance will reform? if they did would they be headliners?

I hadn't considered it.

Hmmmmmmm........

I have now considered it.

Would they be headliners?

No. They are shite.

Even if they did I don't think MCR are very much a Glastonbury band. They were a bit of a guilty pleasure at Reading a few years back though.

If that was 2011, I saw them at Leeds and they were pretty lifeless, and that was probably a better suited crowd to receive them than Glasto.

Hi All

I've been following this thread for some time now, but this is my first post - so please be gentle with me! I met the Vaccines last night at the Rugby Tavern in Holborn London- the lead singer Justin confirmed they are playing the other stage on Friday. Obs they're not big enough to headline, but possible sub or 3rd down?

Yeah sub or 3rd down would fit. I could even see them being the secret act opening the Other stage that day but doubt he'd have told you if they were. Edited by kingcrawler

If that was 2011, I saw them at Leeds and they were pretty lifeless, and that was probably a better suited crowd to receive them than Glasto.

I think it was. To be fair i went to see them with incredibly low expectations and they surpassed them. Do agree that they're more suited to R&L than Glasto.