• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I know, I know, I'll be crushed when that happens, but you've got to dream!

Very true - it's bound to happen one day and this year seems to have the most plausible rumours (not that they're anywhere near substantial, mind) - keep the faith!

It definitely won't be Flo unless Emily was lying. I know everyone keeps talking about 'she could' but if you read the whole interview, that in context just meant she was big enough. She won't be headlining this year, but she could be (another year)

Again, this is assuming she wasn't fibbing! Also a massive amount of wishful thinking as it would be a huge let down.

Fingers crossed we'll get our wish!

Yeah, TBH she's not 'big' enough to headline in my opinion, but maybe that's just because I'm not a huge fan. If she smashes it with her new album then maybe... I don't think she's headlining either though, it was more an example of how deflated I'll be when it's not Mr Purple! I don't think Emily would be that cryptic, or lie. She's purposely very vague in her responses, but lying could cause some backlash...

Deffo worth a fiver down the bookies - get on it !

Heading down to Mr. Power's Palace of Pleasure after work!

I liked last year's weather.

Did you go in 2010? It was like somewhere in the Carribean

I also got Alvarado in the office sweepstakes, I placed a be on it yesterday as well so a lot is counting on it.

Fingers crossed there's a few quid in it for us Matt!

Heading down to Mr. Power's Palace of Pleasure after work!

Fingers crossed there's a few quid in it for us Matt!

I downloaded the PP sweepstake kit only to find 4 of the nags had already pulled out !

Yeah. It was my least favourite due to the weather. Too hot for me.

Last year was good, mainly dry. Id rather it not rain, but the storm was really enjoyable where we were. A big sing a long and people thought "fuck it" a real moment.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

My 2010 festival went something like this - get to bed at 5am, wake up due to the heat at 7am - repeat. I remember stalls selling umbrellas for £15 because people were that desperate for the shade, I got heat exhaustion on the last day and laid in my tent having some fairly horrific dreams and hallucinations - not a great last day.

When the rain hit last year we were watching a crooner sing just over the bridge in the circus field. It was pissing down and he was making jokes about standing under scaffolding while there was a storm and singing What a Wonderful World. It was great fun. We didn't even know they had cut the power off until we got to the circus tent and thought they were taking too long to set up the next act.

We were walking through Silver Hayes, on our way to Wild Beasts at the JP when the wind began to pick up. The girls communicated their desire to use the facilities, so we waited, eyes on the sky.

Then it came, a huge cloudburst that forced me to throw up my Pound Shop brolly. As we three grown men huddled beneath our pathetic, flimsy shelter, we realised the girls must be having a hell of a time in the long drops. All of a sudden, it stopped.

"Is that all you've got", cried my friend, fist waving at the sky in a jokingly challenging manner. Then, right on cue, shitsville opened up all over everyone's party.

My brolly was shredded as we hot-footed it up the hill, but the entire field had flocked to the JP tent for cover. We only had one option, head around to the far side and pray for mercy. Luckily, after what seemed forever, we made it to the far side of the tent, only to be confronted with Niagra-esque scenes as water poured from the roof. We ran for the first opening we could see and after sharing a brief Herbal Essences moment under the cascading torrent with a stranger, made it to shelter.

We thought the worst was over, but as the water began to pour into the tent, the crowd was scattered. The power was cut and darkness fell upon us all.

Edited by Mr November

I know I'm late to the party, but my first was 2007 as well. Seems like a lot of people chose that year to start! I got trench foot in my right foot that year, and my girlfriend at the time got severe food poisoning.

I didn't go in 2008, but went to Reading instead - biggest mistake of my life.

I was really looking forward to them but found it a bit of a let down. Ian Brown after was much better. Opened with i wanna be adored>sally cinnamon>this is the one>made of stone (if I remember rightly). The place went nuts.

Yea ive heard mixed things from it!

Yea you're right! ive seen the videos on youtube! come out playing 4 Roses songs and you got the crowd in your hands!

Think it may have been waterfall instead of this is the one!

Edited by Bonehead> Clapton

My 2010 festival went something like this - get to bed at 5am, wake up due to the heat at 7am - repeat. I remember stalls selling umbrellas for £15 because people were that desperate for the shade, I got heat exhaustion on the last day and laid in my tent having some fairly horrific dreams and hallucinations - not a great last day.

My Friday / Saturday went exactly the same that year. I had only arrived Friday morning and started drinking and by Saturday morning I was completely delirious due to the heat and dehydration and had vomited on one of our groups tents. This resulted in me missing most of Saturday morning and my dad missing Dr. John on West Holts which he was not pleased about

Yeah 2007 was my first year as well was working there never seen mud like that ever still had a brilliant time though.

Didnt experiance the festival as a punter till 2013 for the first time defiantly perfect weather for a festival dispite the whole group getting sun burnt on the Wednesday never rely on someone else to bring the sun screen.

Edited by Tdiz

Yea ive heard mixed things from it!

Yea you're right! ive seen the videos on youtube! come out playing 4 Roses songs and you got the crowd in your hands!

Think it may have been waterfall instead of this is the one!

gah you are probably right there. It was ace regardless. His solo stuff was decent too, finishing off with FEAR. Great times.

The La's werent bad, but I think everyone was so hyped they were actually going to see them it was always going to be a let down.

Leeds 2013 was horrendous, just chucked it down Thursday evening and destroyed the whole site.

Last year had just got round to the pyramid stage during the downpour for the stage to be closed, had a poncho and took it out of the packaging to find it had perished and was covered in bits of it for the rest of the weekend.

After the downpour last year, me and a mate stumbled into the piano bar by the park. Bloke reading from a song book, playing Beatles and animals tunes, everyone singing a long and playing random instruments and out of tune guitars! was incredible. a true glastonbury moment and exactly why i love the place!