Acid_Haze

So if the Pyramid is getting dressed already could we read anything into the early dressing?

Do they need to set up the stage early to test if a certain configuration will work?

Could this point to the Sunday headliner doing something big/strange/unusual?

Rodger Waters?? ;)

Tis a stretch of the imagination but thats what the lack of info allows for at the moment.............

I've just looked back on my fb from last year and someone posted 9 weeks before showing on google earth the Pyramid with half her coat on, so possibly not as premature as we might be thinking. I'm only guessing, but maybe to do with the mass of work inside it, and needing the covers to be able to start this??? Gives a good shelter to start anything (even non Pyramid related) that needs weather protection.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Great photo of the Pyramid! I remember things on site starting to change in mid-May last year and some were saying even that was a week or two early, so second week of April is definitely ahead of time.

I wonder why. Probably just fits with the schedule of the people who do it but I wonder if there's anything more to it.

Is the fence up yet?

Good weather, get the trucks on site and doing some work whilst they can't churn it up?

I've just looked back on my fb from last year and someone posted 9 weeks before showing on google earth the Pyramid with half her coat on, so possibly not as premature as we might be thinking. I'm only guessing, but maybe to do with the mass of work inside it, and needing the covers to be able to start this??? Gives a good shelter to start anything (even non Pyramid related) that needs weather protection.

Google earth images aren't live. It's a still photo from whenever the google plane flew over

Mate, take it from me and a heap of other people, don't get obsessed with the lineup. When you get there it really won't be at the top of your list, if it still is then you'll end up sitting in the pyramid field for the 3 days and missing what makes Glastonbury special.

Not criticising you, just putting my 2 pence in, in the Glastonbury spirit.

Hope you have a great festival.

To be fair on my first time there was nobody that could tell me different to the fact I was going to see 34 bands over the weekend. Think I saw 8, tops. Just gotta find out for yourself

So if the Pyramid is getting dressed already could we read anything into the early dressing?

Do they need to set up the stage early to test if a certain configuration will work?

Could this point to the Sunday headliner doing something big/strange/unusual?

Rodger Waters?? ;)

Tis a stretch of the imagination but thats what the lack of info allows for at the moment.............

Oh dear...

Google earth images aren't live. It's a still photo from whenever the google plane flew over

Yeah I know, but I believe it had just changed which was why this person was getting so excited last year. It had been shared a couple of times before it got to me however, so could be wrong.

The pic above was provided by someone who lives local and was in Shepton Mallet. They have started preliminary prep apparently. I'd imagine there's a shit load to do!

The skin usually does not go up until much later in a festival year.

2nd June 2009

27th May 2010

19th May 2011

Someone else may be able to get dates for 13 and 14.

But for the skin to be going up in April has to be the earliest ever, by a long way (thats if it is 100% going up now)

The skin usually does not go up until much later in a festival year.

2nd June 2009

27th May 2010

19th May 2011

Someone else may be able to get dates for 13 and 14.

But for the skin to be going up in April has to be the earliest ever, by a long way (thats if it is 100% going up now)

The girl was on site yesterday but said nothing else was happening. They did tweet that they are going to stop public access for prep to begin a few days ago.

I'd love to go down and see but I'm in Newcastle!

The music is a big part for me. Last year I was definitely going to see 9 specific acts. (3 a day)

I saw 8 of those and a whole heap of unplanned others.

Anything more than planning for 3 a day isn't feasible in my opinion. (Unless by chance they are after each other)

Course it is. I see a minimum of 5 bands per day. It's all very well going down the "don't plan anything" theory that is endlessly posted on here, but I plan loads. I won't see everything I want to, that's impossible, but I'll still see a shed load of bands.

I love the place and I love to wander through the T&C fields, watch some comedy, sit up on the hill etc. but it's still all about the music for me.

Considering the possibility of the Cure (The possibility of the roses also fits the point). How common is it for a band to headline with absolutely zero shows announced for that year? I can't think of it happening in recent years

Well Kanye doesn't have any other shows than Glastonbury.

Edit: just realised he has a few American festival dates sorry

Edited by Matt42

I love the fact that everyone on here tells first timers that the line up doesn't matter, it's all about the experience.............then go insane because the line up hasn't been released, haha.

The whole point is to plan what/who/when to the very last detail, even scheduling in your toilet breaks, before you go so that when you get there you have the unbridled joy of forgetting about it all.

There's something quite nice about someone asking you if you want to go and see the act you've been planning to for weeks and you just go "nah" and continue to sip on your cider.

It may just be because they are doing it earlier, but it'l be interesting to see if they are doing something different!

Hopefully!

I have to rely on people sending me stuff through as it's a good 6 hour drive or a flight for me to go on site. I'd love to go down when the festival isn't on and have a wander

Maybe they need to set up the Pyramid earlier this year as they have to try to make it bigger somehow so it can accommodate Prince's ego

You'd need an entirely new festival for just that