• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

same here kaisherz

no bookie I know wouldn't talk about bets they have/haven't laid! I used to work for a bookie chain, we were encouraged to talk about stake levels when people did big stakes. I suppose they see it as it improving their image/fearlessness for some reason.

I can see why only small bets would be taken though. I would have had a stonking great bet on Kanye the second that I knew it was him if I had insider knowledge.

That punter (if he exists) is a prat anyway. Everybody who bets knows if you want to lay a lot of money down at long odds then you do it through multiple bookies, preferably different chains. I knew a punter who got good tips who used to come in and do max £2k with us on a selection, then go down the road and do the same stakes with Hills, Ladbrokes and Paddy. More often than not we would end up paying out!

Anyway, I don't for one second think Madge would do it, but you never know

Edited by mungo57

The same would happen if I tried to place the same amount of money on Radiohead or Stone Roses or Prince though, no? Means nothing.

yeah but you wouldn't try to place a large bet on Radiohead or Stone Roses without some sort of inkling there were on would you? think that's the point. this mysterious punter has got inside info game.

I hope it's true Madonna would be great.

Madonna does fit the description of being a solo artist who Glastonbury have been after for years, I'm pretty sure she's got a cock too.

It's officially nailed on that Madonna is the final headliner

unless Madge has a penis, and a backing band I don't think she fits in with Neil's info

I don't think that post says i'm leaving the forum and never coming back, merely that I was confused by the circle of beef vultures and wanted to bow out of the discussion with said unpleasant individuals.

i think that was just everyones (very) wishful thinking

Long time lurker here, sadly awaiting tickets in the resale.

With regards to the recent post from the bookmaker and the general rumours regarding a possible Madonna headline set, and the motives behind it, I'm inclined to say that I believe it to be her.

I can't go exactly into names, for obvious reasons, but I'm part of the team that works at a large and well known hotel in London. Obviously the staff at some of the bigger hotels keep each other in the loop about the VIP guests etc and I am aware that Madonna is in the country around the time of the festival. I've heard this from two sources, one at a rival hotel, and one who is somebody I deal with that works in VIP transportation. I am fully believing that she is in the country at the time. Glastonbury itself has only been alluded to and not confirmed to me , so I can't verify that with any certainty, but she is in the area without doubt.

I hope it isn't her to be honest, but the information I have suggests that it's certainly a real possibility.

haha why are people being so mean. very bizarre this.

proceed If you wish. i'm here to discuss my beloved festival and get excited about it all. I have broad shoulders if people want to fire some shots across. I can be the whipping boy if you need to get some no line up frustrations off your chest. I am here for you.

Long time lurker here, sadly awaiting tickets in the resale.

With regards to the recent post from the bookmaker and the general rumours regarding a possible Madonna headline set, and the motives behind it, I'm inclined to say that I believe it to be her.

I can't go exactly into names, for obvious reasons, but I'm part of the team that works at a large and well known hotel in London. Obviously the staff at some of the bigger hotels keep each other in the loop about the VIP guests etc and I am aware that Madonna is in the country around the time of the festival. I've heard this from two sources, one at a rival hotel, and one who is somebody I deal with that works in VIP transportation. I am fully believing that she is in the country at the time. Glastonbury itself has only been alluded to and not confirmed to me , so I can't verify that with any certainty, but she is in the area without doubt.

I hope it isn't her to be honest, but the information I have suggests that it's certainly a real possibility.

Haven't you got something better to do?

haha why are people being so mean. very bizarre this.

proceed If you wish. i'm here to discuss my beloved festival and get excited about it all. I have broad shoulders if people want to fire some shots across. I can be the whipping boy if you need to get some no line up frustrations off your chest. I am here for you.

Where do you stand on West Ham strikers that go by the nickname "Can't Control"?

Where do you stand on West Ham strikers that go by the nickname "Can't Control"?

when Woy Hodgson was managing my beloved Reds he tried to sign Carlton Cole to partner him with Fernando Torres. In hindsight they would have probably been two strikers at a similar level but at the time i was horrified my golden prince was nearly matched up with such a oaf.