• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Many of the folk here will tell you it's not all about the headliners and I agree. Yeah it's great when a band you like are headlining but also great to explore the site.

As for them holding off to get the money in, I don't think that's right, they work all year round and spend a sh*t tonne for us to be there every June so I think it's fair we can give them a bit of leeway with the lineup. Yeah we want it, but let's not slate their work eh?

True, but to have a really good time i would want to see at least 10 acts

I just really need to see who is going to be there

True but that was 97 nowadays they're not quite there

If the likes of Kasabian, the Arctics, Kings of Leon, The Verve etc etc are acceptable headliners in recent times I dont see why anyone would bat an eye lid if the Prodigy were announced to do the same.............not that Im saying this is happening mind you, but I dont think it could be classed as a "WTF? moment" if it did happen

I'm sure some people will have said the same about Kanye

That's because they were in denial.

Whilst I always though Kayne was incredibly unlikely he was still a contender.

One Direction just aren't. Their fans are almost exclusively not old enough to go to a festival on their own.

Look at last year's - I'd be surprised if you can't find 10 on there. You'll be fine.

Edited by Homer

If the likes of Kasabian, the Arctics, Kings of Leon, The Verve etc etc are acceptable headliners in recent times I dont see why anyone would bat an eye lid if the Prodigy were announced to do the same.............not that Im saying this is happening mind you, but I dont think it could be classed as a "WTF? moment" if it did happen

It's about sales though I totally agree with what your saying though, the prodigy are much bigger than the verve, that one still baffles me to this day

Wouldn't it just be easier / cheaper to go to a regular AC/DC show?

He is... but wants to spend £250+ to also see them at a week-long festival where he's confident he couldn't find much other entertainment... madness if you ask me (but that's Tories for you). Edited by Zac Quinn

He is... but wants to spend £250+ to also see them at a week-long festival where he's confident he couldn't find much other entertainment... madness if you ask me (but that's Tories for you).

Madness indeed. One of the more bizarre things to crop up in this thread, much like his fear of 1D headlining....

Look at last year's - I'd be surprised if you can't find 10 on there. You'll be fine.

Looking at last year i would have seen

Jack White

Caro Emerald

Fatboy Slim

Dolly Parton

Maxi Priest

Alison Moyet

Dexys Midnight Runners

The Wailers

Blondie

Robert Plant

Black Keys

So would have been value for money

And in the most diverse line-up that you are likely to encounter anywhere in World Festival LandTM, are you really unlikely to find 10 acts you want to see over the course of 5 days?!

I know already that I will unlikely watch more than 1 or 2 Pyramid acts. I know this based on the farily consistent profile of the Pyramid line-up aver the last 5-8 years. It's not my stuff. I feel quite similarly about the likely Other Stage line-up. But to suggest that I won't find oodles of stuff on WH, Park, JPT, Avalon, Acoustic, Glade...(I could go on), would be crazy.

I can understand that if you were (sad enough to want) to go to V Festival, you would want to know that the line-up was to your liking. Well, except that you may, like so many, just wanna get on it..but that's another matter. Because V is f*cking horrible, is two days of shite music and they kick you out of the (ha!) 'arena' early on, to go back to your decimated, revolting campsite.

To me, 'proper' festivals (and there are, arguably, increasingly few...) are not like that. They're about being part of something 'bigger', something communal, something apart from the real world. Don't get me wrong, I am a music obsessive (43 bands seen at Green Man last year), but it's about so much more than a succession of band sets that you could pay to see in a venue in a town/city.

To rest one's willingness to go, or moreover one's likelihood of having a really good time, on who Emily finally reveals as headliner No.3 is anathema to me...

Just my tuppence, obviously...

Ben

Lesser names have headlined previously (albeit they were more 'current')

I don't think it will be him, just continuing the process of elimination.

He could still play (3rd down maybe seems to be where they stick the older acts that aren't quite headliner status)