The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

15 hours ago, Little Andy said:

With wet wipes on the list of not-recommended things to bring, can anyone recommend an alternative for trying not to stink? (other than queuing forever for showers)?

https://www.lifeventure.com/products/washgear/collapsible-bowl?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrpLoBRD_ARIsAJd0BIXmmMUPUQHJNj3_b04I01y0w0jVhjnG-4P5zoj7qzStKNobKy8rq6QaAsD1EALw_wcB

We're taking this collapsible bowl and soap and a couple of flannels (one for the undercarriage and one for everywhere else.) 

Had a proper wash like this for the first time last year at Boomtown and it was brilliant, felt so much cleaner than just with wet wipes. 

8 hours ago, JoshM87 said:

Does anyone know how much extra it costs to buy a car parking ticket on the day?

ive been disorganised and not ordered one as yet and now I’m not confident I’ll get it in time so was considering buying on the day.

Its an extra £5 or £10, nothing too obscene 

20 minutes ago, danssol said:

Lidl will be knocking out camping chairs, ruck sacks and mats from 23rd June. Apologies if this a repeat 

It is, but well worth repeating.  Personally, I'd be very dubious about using a Lidl rucksack for a heavy Glastonbury load without a thorough inspection - I once looked into their cycle panniers and they were horrifically flimsy with single-stitching which was absolutely guaranteed to see you stranded with all your possessions scattered over the road.  The sleeping mats on the other hand are seriously good bits of kit - ridiculously light and compact yet way more comfortable than a self-inflating mat.

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Had to google that, they look superb. Bit pricey but kinda practical. 

I thought so too!

I asked how it worked. 

I received an answer. 

I am far too thick to understand it. 

I can live with that. 

I am bringing a charger pack. 

?

On 6/14/2019 at 5:31 PM, Divein said:

Right, Im probably leaving this a bit late but does anyone having any recommendations for wellies at a decent price?

I'm looking for comfort, preferably in a shorter style and dont mind paying a bit extra as a sacrifice to the Weather Gods.

I did boots in 2016 and they just dont agree with me, I've also done Dunlops and want to avoid those.

I've got muck boots (https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/collections/short-boots/audience_men) I'm sure you can find cheaper, I got mine at a show and cheap. Really comfortable, can walk miles in them I put in a gel insole.

3 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I've got muck boots (https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/collections/short-boots/audience_men) I'm sure you can find cheaper, I got mine at a show and cheap. Really comfortable, can walk miles in them I put in a gel insole.

Funny you should post that, I have actually ordered a Muck boot style wellie from Mountain Warehouse. They are the longer version but hopefully the the neoprane upper wont cause as much rubbing. 

I've also got some gel insoles to add as well.

Just caved in and bought a (leopard print) bumbag off eBay. Don't have any zipped pockets in anything I'm taking, apart from my waterproof jacket which is going to spend all weekend in my tent, and I'm constantly losing money when I take my phone out of my pocket. 

Hopefully won't look too silly :)

16 hours ago, VisionOfLove said:

Any decent rucksack offers on at the moment? Looks like I missed the eBay  Eurohike £20 bargain. Ideally looking around that size, 70-85l.. 

85L at Millets - should be £65 but £25.60 with code SIZZLER

https://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/133672-eurohike-trek-85l-backpack.html

39 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

Just caved in and bought a (leopard print) bumbag off eBay. Don't have any zipped pockets in anything I'm taking, apart from my waterproof jacket which is going to spend all weekend in my tent, and I'm constantly losing money when I take my phone out of my pocket. 

Hopefully won't look too silly :)

They're so practical that after about 5 minutes, you won't give a toss how you look. I too got a new (camo) one yesterday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FlatWhiteFamily said:

can anyone suggest a decent trolley that will withstand the ground if it's muddy? Preferably with 4 wheels 

I've got one like this Large Cage Platform Garden Trolley OT1006, Now Includes Liner & Tool Shelf https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ZGKMXO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_jN-bDbEFN61T6

Sides fold to cover wheels (upside down) when you need to put it in the car all muddy.