I have never...

neil_d

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Got into the temple at the common. Looks good in there.

I tend not to make too many plans, I know I wont do them all so it helps me regret less.

Can I add make the efests meet even though I've intended to for a couple of years at least? 

Will do my best to rectify that this year even though I'm not the most frequent of posters.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

Can I add make the efests meet even though I've intended to for a couple of years at least? 

Will do my best to rectify that this year even though I'm not the most frequent of posters.

That is my 'to do' this year!

I've been saying I'm going to go for years and then it gets to the day and I get scared ha! But I have appointed an escourt to pick me up and make sure I go this time! :)

2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Two of mine were done last year, until then I had never been into the Kidz Field or seen  a JP headliner.

Ive done most of the site in my time but the one place I've never been to is the Kidz Field, as I've never been with a kid. Can you get in without?! 

Saying that I hope to cross that one off in 2 years when I hope to bring along my oldest who will be 8 1/2 by then. Perfect age for first glasto!

The only thing I have ever planned at Glastonbury is to get to the efests meet up, which I have achieved. I haven't been to the naughty corner at night, the rabbit hole, the piano bar, been up the ribbon tower, done an all nighter on the Sunday ...... the list really does go on and on. In fact, I can't quite recall what it is that I do do. 

@mario manI had never been into the Kidz field for that reason but last year had my eldest with me. I wouldnt go in without tbh as it isnt that interesting. Although amazing for children obvs.

I would save it until then so you can discover something new together, that worked well for us. The rest of the time my 12 year old had to put up with me katesplaining Glastonbury to him which was probably as tedious as it sounds.

Edited by giantkatestacks
Added in @ thingy

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep this is a big one for me this year - always too spangled to want to wait in the queue but I'm determined this year. Hopefully there'll be somebody great playing to pull me in.

Yep this is my big one. This has to be the year. 

Also never watched anything in the circus/cabaret field, going to try for that as well. 

2 hours ago, lobo said:

I'm amazed that i still havent bought a souvenir considering how much i love the festival. I always plan on getting a screen print from the jack knife crew but dont trust myself with something that delicate over the festival.

get it and then put it in the lockups, then collect it on your way home.

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

It does various cakes, teas, coffee I think, but no booze. However, if you walk 30 yards to Tricketts bar, you can get beer and cider, and bring it back. Someone said cocktails but I can't remember seeing any.

I think they have a small selection of "cocktails" or at least shorts, as I got a breakfast G&T in there last year.

12 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I think they have a small selection of "cocktails" or at least shorts, as I got a breakfast G&T in there last year.

Yep, a house cocktail often appears on the menu once Trickets shuts.

1 hour ago, lobo said:

Youre not missing out. Mine was shocking. Chips were raw in the middle, bacon was non existent. Its 90% dry bread. I thought some mayo would save it, i was wrong. Mayo was so watered down id basically just covered some bread in salty milk. Delicious

HAHAHA might steer clear then 

I have never gone up the ribbon tower and unlikely to this year as heights frighten me. 

I've made it to the piano bar but can never get past the door as i never have the required drugs and attitude. 

Seen a headliner on the pyramid. Will see what clashes this year brings and hopefully remedy that. 

Never had a goan fish curry or the fecking bubble and squeak. Never in the mood at the time of being near the stalls. 

Been in crows nest. 

Never had a growler. Looks vile. 

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

common consensus seems to be the stone circle. but I reckon the park hill would be just as good, with less people.

So depends of you want chilled out loneliness or atmosphere and a few nobheads. 

Thanks that's useful to know, will probably depend who i'm with where we decide to go (if i can stay awake that long)