• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

i think russy is just thoroughly ignorant of FATM and their size.

we're talking about a multi-million selling, Coachella-subbing, European festival headlining act that headlined mid-sized UK festivals on their last album.

if they're not at Glastonbury headliner level, then they're very, very close.

One Direction for Glasters next year so. And Barry Manilow.

The point wasn't that Glastonbury gives headliners the leg up, it was why would Emily say Flo is big enough, then say they like giving bands the leg up, if she was then gonna have Flo as a sub below some already-established headliner? It would completely undermine exactly what she was talking about.

KOL hadn't released Sex on Fire or Only By the Night when they headlined, as people have said.

And, again, tonnes of people were predicting her at the beginning of this thread, so I don't think it is a case of Florence headlining because they're desperate and have no other options.

I think she's rubbish and I'd be mowheri near it, but she's perfectly placed to headline.

The point wasn't that Glastonbury gives headliners the leg up, it was why would Emily say Flo is big enough, then say they like giving bands the leg up, if she was then gonna have Flo as a sub below some already-established headliner? It would completely undermine exactly what she was talking about.

Mentioning that she hasn't played the pyramid, then talking about people claiming up the bill... To me it sounded like she'd be bumped up to Pyramid this year with the view to headline in the future?

Mentioning that she hasn't played the pyramid, then talking about people claiming up the bill... To me it sounded like she'd be bumped up to Pyramid this year with the view to headline in the future?

Yeah but she said she's big enough to headline now. If they really do want to give people that push up to headline status, then it'd be strange to book an act they acknowledge is already big enough in a non-headline slot.

Liked a couple of Florence ATM's singles. Would definitely give her more of a listen before deciding whether to see her or not. Definitely a far better option than Taylor Swift who shouldn't be within a mile of playing the festival in my opinion. Rubbish like One Direction, Jedward and Taylor Swift belong at T4 on the beach.

Occasionally Gonzo, just occasionally mind, you really scare me.

Agree.

I look to Gonzo and Dental as the very considered voices of reason here. So be consistent FFS Gonzo!!!

I look to Russy for a proper slap round the face but to the extent that when i've given myself a shake i probably end up less reactionary, but take his point.

Wooderson for a bucket of ice over the head, via invective, but with a point.

Nal and Mardy as the bickering dinner party couple. Wooderson wandering behind, flicking the Vs at the pair of them.

Zac i'm warming to despite his pop sensibilities.

Matt(s)...1969 is a sexy Karl Pilkington...the rest; jury's out.

Lawny - likey.

Florence - always liked the look of a masculine ginge.

Gnomicide - nice penalty.

Brave Sir Robin wants knighting for the playlist, although he's self-knighted.

Agree.

I look to Gonzo and Dental as the very considered voices of reason here. So be consistent FFS Gonzo!!!

I look to Russy for a proper slap round the face but to the extent that when i've given myself a shake i probably end up less reactionary, but take his point.

Wooderson for a bucket of ice over the head, via invective, but with a point.

Nal and Mardy as the bickering dinner party couple. Wooderson wandering behind, flicking the Vs at the pair of them.

Zac i'm warming to despite his pop sensibilities.

Matt(s)...1969 is a sexy Karl Pilkington...the rest; jury's out.

Lawny - likey.

Florence - always liked the look of a masculine ginge.

Gnomicide - nice penalty.

Brave Sir Robin wants knighting for the playlist, although he's self-knighted.

This is pretty much spot on. A Beginner's Guide to Efestivals.

Matt42 - Talks bollocks, but in quite an endearing way. One of my favourite posters on here as he is like a 5 year old in a toy shop before christmas... "I want that, no that, no that, no That!!"

Lawn.... I should change my name to Swift-Gif. I actually have to double take if Lawn doesn't post a swift gif or video. They initally annoyed, now - I miss them when they are not there.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop