Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

- a big shake up in the SEC, perhaps removing UFG and giving the space over to Shagri-la or something totally different.

UFG is well past it's sell by date.

I suggest it could be turned into a "chill out" zone, no venues, just food stalls, bars and seating. This would allow the bars/food stalls to be removed from Shangri-La which would make more space in the Truth Stage/Nowhere arena and reduce bottlenecks.

Alternatively, move Carhenge to that area.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I suggest it could be turned into a "chill out" zone, no venues, just food stalls, bars and seating. This would allow the bars/food stalls to be removed from Shangri-La which would make more space in the Truth Stage/Nowhere arena and reduce bottlenecks.

Surely making people leave the area every time they want drinks/food would increase traffic?  Also, I think there's enough chill out places elsewhere without giving over prime late night estate to more.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

They spent close to 2 months pouring footings for Carhenge earlier this year, so sadly I can't see it moving for a few years.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

I know that Arcadia posted that they'd purchased a Sea King from ebay but I can't see the idea being a goer. Something about a war themed/helicopter dance arena doesn't sit right, I can't see them running with it.  But, change is desperately needed. 

Oddly, I associate Sea King type helicopters with Air Sea rescue stuff, not military at all.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Oddly, I associate Sea King type helicopters with Air Sea rescue stuff, not military at all.

What about when they are surrounded by flames and pyrotechnics? 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Regardless of what props Arcadia decide to use next year, their no 1 priority should be sorting out the sound in the arena.

That would involve moving them back to the SE corner.  Oh, wait a minute...

16 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I like Car Henge, it just needs a stage is all.

I don’t see where you put the stage as then you won’t be able to get near the cars. The whole thing seemed a bit pointless to me and was dead when I walked past it on the Saturday early evening. But I loved WG as a stage so it’s always going to make me grumpy 

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Probably not the right thread for this, but it's weird, considering more and more glamping options seemingly popping up, and selling out... 

People bringing bigger tents maybe? 

It's at least partly that but also cutting a lot of public camping space to grow the hospitality/accessible areas and probably people bunking in if you believe that's happening.

-Bring back a stage the size of Williams Green playing those kind of acts.

-Invite other groups to bid for the Arcadia slot (the concept has run it's course). 

-Have a real think about the SE corner. The UFG feels stale but it is at least distinct from the other areas. I'd probably focus my efforts on SL... 

-Look at placemaking for Avalon. It used to feel free different from the rest of the festival, but has lost its atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

It's at least partly that but also cutting a lot of public camping space to grow the hospitality/accessible areas and probably people bunking in if you believe that's happening.

Think a lot of it was people seeing the new, nearly 3x as long, route in place of the path through Pylon and deciding they couldn't be arsed after being crammed in on coaches, trains etc.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I think the only net loss in camping space was river mead this year. They added more space in Dairy and Paines ground and pennard hill for the public. 

Issue was you had to trek through the site to get to it. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Regardless of what props Arcadia decide to use next year, their no 1 priority should be sorting out the sound in the arena.

100% agree - it would feel like a lot of wasted effort/money if its the same sound system set up. I wondered if its just the area its in, nothing for the sound to bounce off of and back into the crowd. 

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Silent disco in car henge!

That's actually a brilliant idea. I'm here for that. But please not a 'rent your headphones for the whole weekend' setup like Kendal... Let people come and go, allowing more people to join in. 

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

UFG is well past it's sell by date.

This would cause shangri la / block 9 / common to all be a noticeable bit busier - and they are already heaving

2 hours ago, Barneym said:

I don’t see where you put the stage as then you won’t be able to get near the cars. The whole thing seemed a bit pointless to me and was dead when I walked past it on the Saturday early evening. But I loved WG as a stage so it’s always going to make me grumpy 

There was a stage there last year. Not that I saw it being used

I liked it when I went by. Pop music one time,Rastas drumming live another, 50's rock n Roll another. These were not on the stage mind