Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

50 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So is the Rabbit hole going ? Source fb . I’m pretty sure the sea king replaces the spider 

IMG_7487.png

Sea King? Sounds interesting 

Also, with Rabbit hole going, would be interesting to see if they do another "secret" bit or will the festival look to create something elsewhere 

Edited by aj6658
Update

11 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Sea King? Sounds interesting 

Also, with Rabbit hole going, would be interesting to see if they do another "secret" bit or will the festival look to create something elsewhere 

Yeah that’ll likely replace the spider 🕷️… hopefully there will be decent plans to replace the rabbit hole , some amazing creativity goes into that so hopefully just a switch of name and creative team retained 

Surprised by the rumours of Rabbit Hole going. Only got in for the first time this year so timed that well it seems.

Not even heard of Sea King so very intrigued by that if it’s replacing Arcadia. 

As much as I love SE Corner I think that’s probably due a bit of a mix up now. What that is I don’t know but could definitely do with a shake up.

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Surprised by the rumours of Rabbit Hole going. Only got in for the first time this year so timed that well it seems.

Not even heard of Sea King so very intrigued by that if it’s replacing Arcadia. 

As much as I love SE Corner I think that’s probably due a bit of a mix up now. What that is I don’t know but could definitely do with a shake up.

There's such a Mandela effect about the Rabbit hole, it's not the secret bar it's an open tent on the Map. 

The secret bit is Rabbit Holes Funkingham palace, so will be interesting to know if that's going as well or they're just changing up the publicly accessible bit.

in the 20+ times I've been to the festival, I've never bothered queuing for the Rabbit Hole, have I missed out ?

Also, lolling at 'Sea King' being a collective to replace Arcadia - I have visions of a massive temporary lake with pyrotecnics and jet skis , steampunk submarines etc etc, would be ace 🙂

12 hours ago, incident said:

I'd switch Pylon back to public camping, along with a more sensible route through it.

Seconded.

There needs to be more campsite options near gate A for later Wednesday and Thursday arrivals on coaches.

Edited by cp89
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

There's such a Mandela effect about the Rabbit hole, it's not the secret bar it's an open tent on the Map. 

The secret bit is Rabbit Holes Funkingham palace, so will be interesting to know if that's going as well or they're just changing up the publicly accessible bit.

Could they change both, maybe improve capacity by using both as one bigger late night open venue? 

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

No Williams Green tent due back but I'm pretty sure I heard talk of a stage being added to Car Henge for this year.....

Yep, was said that it was supposed to have a stage last year, but they ran out of time. 

12 hours ago, incident said:

I'd switch Pylon back to public camping, along with a more sensible route through it.

27 minutes ago, cp89 said:

Seconded.

There needs to be more campsite options near gate A for later Wednesday and Thursday arrivals on coaches.

Thirded.

It really screwed things up I feel - strange decision. Darble was absolutely chocker Thursday night, people camping on top of each other. Yes I know it's a festival - but Ive never seen it like that before tbf.

Move the fireworks to Thursday night. Realise they're meant to 'open' the festival but it would help alleviate the overcrowding on Thursday night if more people were camped up on the hill to watch the fireworks. 

There's a chance it just moves the overcrowding problem to Wednesday instead, but there are fewer people around on that night and everyone's normally just happy to sit down somewhere and have a well-earned drink after getting their stuff set up.

32 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Thirded.

It really screwed things up I feel - strange decision. Darble was absolutely chocker Thursday night, people camping on top of each other. Yes I know it's a festival - but Ive never seen it like that before tbf.

Probably not the right thread for this, but it's weird, considering more and more glamping options seemingly popping up, and selling out... 

People bringing bigger tents maybe? 

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah, good point. I jumped conclusions and just assumed that if Rabbit Hole was going the entire place would be, including the tunnels and Funkingham Palace.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Hopefully at least some of it remains though. 

I know that Arcadia posted that they'd purchased a Sea King from ebay but I can't see the idea being a goer. Something about a war themed/helicopter dance arena doesn't sit right, I can't see them running with it.  But, change is desperately needed. 

Elsewhere:

- a proper replacement for Genosys. 
- The Park is also getting stale- it's been years since anything significant changed up there
- a big shake up in the SEC, perhaps removing UFG and giving the space over to Shagri-la or something totally different. 

• Upvote 2