Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

those people who are like "oh yeah ill reg now for glasto" will not even remember there is a sale on. i know so many people like that. they never turn up on the day. i dont think it will change the chances of getting tickets a huge amount. Not everyone is like us when it comes to glastonbury.

13 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

I care because there are lots of people trying, and not enough tickets to go around.    This will give more people a chance to be involved in the sale - which is not good for anybody who was all set and ready to go for today/Sunday's sales.  

When you get the email with a list of registrations, does the link that they send to 'View, edit or delete' actually load anything?

I updated mine a few weeks ago and could see my details, photo etc but now the link just takes me to a generic registration page - not my profile. I'm wondering if this is the cock up?

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

i know of 2 people who said they had checked their emails and confirmed the reg but it had still been deleted. i assumed it was just BS and an excuse but im beginnign to wonder if somebody messed up somewhere...

I mean the aIt People at See probably get paid pence to do this. Not shocking. I think they shouldve done this "purge" over the summer and not just in a month before everything else.

also feel that their casual attitude about it all is what got them here in the first place. Always making things last minute is not healthy.

Surely they could’ve just released a statement when they discovered what has happened, then just reopened registrations? Not for new registrations but just for people to confirm their registrations. People would’ve had today, tomorrow, Saturday just to confirm they were registered?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

Just going from some anecdotal evidence, it looks like some people who did all the requested steps to confirm their registrations still got them deleted.

Obviously, said people had loads of time to check before Monday, so I'm not sure Glasto had to do this - but I can see that, if more than a handful of people's registrations were genuinely deleted in error, and they've only really realised that this week, it made sense to do something.

I was one of them - luckily I checked last week and re registered. But I confirmed my old reg and it still got deleted 

1 minute ago, xDanny said:

When you get the email with a list of registrations, does the link that they send to 'View, edit or delete' actually load anything?

I updated mine a few weeks ago and could see my details, photo etc but now the link just takes me to a generic registration page - not my profile. I'm wondering if this is the cock up?

No, that’s what always happens so you don’t alter details photos etc after registration closes 

3 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

those people who are like "oh yeah ill reg now for glasto" will not even remember there is a sale on. i know so many people like that. they never turn up on the day. i dont think it will change the chances of getting tickets a huge amount. Not everyone is like us when it comes to glastonbury.

and there will be some people who could try this weekend who can't then, and the other way round

Just now, jonnyisRFC said:

Surely they could’ve just released a statement when they discovered what has happened, then just reopened registrations? Not for new registrations but just for people to confirm their registrations. People would’ve had today, tomorrow, Saturday just to confirm they were registered?

coach sale was in 4 hours....they should have just gone ahead with it. so many people have booked time off , rotas etc to help with the sale.

18 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

That's a narrow perspective isn't it? 

People have lives with things happening and they've tried to plan them around the sale dates and times, so of course a proportion of those people will not be able to change plans at two weeks notice. 

1 minute ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Coach sale was this evening

Such a stupid decision. If people weren't arsed enough to have registered for today, clearly they weren't that fussed about getting tickets in the first place. Also a pain for me personally as I was going to try and get tickets and if that failed go for Green Day in London next week as an alternative. 

You have to wonder if maybe registration numbers were really down and the festival wants to keep the whole "Glasto tickets are impossible to get" reputation going and a year where they were much easier could dent that (or is that too tin foil hat?)

2 minutes ago, xDanny said:

Same here. 

Noticed it earlier today, but just assumed it was because it was ticket day/week. 

fed up with all the publicity around ticket sales (and the festival in general) giving everyone a 'fair chance' to jam up the website on ticket day.

make it a zero-publicity sale with press embargo, post the sale date/time on the website and leave it at that - give people who really, really want to go and make the effort to get organised a better chance.

• Upvote 3