2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

No one here should promote a lottery system. That would mean anyone who registers could get a ticket which actually decreases massively our chances. I am sure there are thousands of people who register and then just simply forget ticket day.

Unless of course you're interested in fairness, not selfishness 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

That's the last two Thursdays and a Sunday without going past the holding page for 12 of us. Last try on Sunday, if no joy I'm knocking it on the head. It's a good festival, but it really isn't worth this level of frustration anymore. It's just become silly.

Unfortunately, its just ridiculously popular now....

8 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Unless of course you're interested in fairness, not selfishness 

Not sure how fair it is that someone who is not even bothered to try the sales gets a ticket. It has even the potential to change the entire mood of the crowd attending.

But yes, this is me being selfish and with clear symptons of stockholm syndrom. I am defending a system that has left me without ticket pretty much every year! 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Forget auto-refresh, get something that fills in the boxes for you with a hot-key, it literally took me 10 seconds to fill in all 10 boxes and click proceed (no risk of typo's either).

How do you do this? 

17 minutes ago, Soulphuric said:

Reading through all the tips leading up to today helped me alot for readiness. I tried to get in as a test to see how auto refresh worked, and how far I could push it.  I was autorefreshing on 2 browsers, same laptop, over the suggested 60 limit but no redirect to any page - it seemed to be happy enough trying. I did get through to reg details but unfortunately it crashed after.  I guess there's nothing of a disadvantage starting to refresh before 09:00 on Sunday??  

Sorry for the daft sounding question but when trying for tickets and in the 20 second holding page are the suggestions to refresh at this point essentially bringing the clock back to 20 seconds? And if so do you wait a few seconds to refresh or can you just go even if still on 20 seconds???

9 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Not sure how fair it is that someone who is not even bothered to try the sales gets a ticket. It has even the potential to change the entire mood of the crowd attending.

Hitting refresh (some people don't bother doing that themselves) is hardly an effort. 

Personally, I think the festival could really do with a change of the crowd attending 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Hitting refresh (some people don't bother doing that themselves) is hardly an effort. 

Personally, I think the festival could really do with a change of the crowd attending 

Waking up relatively early on a Sunday morning is. 

Just to give you an example, I applied for Taylor Swift lottery tickets and have 0 interest on her music. I wouldn´t have joined the sale or lost a single minute if it was a traditional queueing sale. Let alone a Sunday 9AM refresh one. I didn´t get selected but I would have bought tickets otherwise. I know many that did the same.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Theylll need to announce the line up without a ticket sold to make that happen. And also make the line up totally modern so the lawn chair crowd has no incentive. Problem is so many people now go to the fest because they went as a child cause they could. Its now just like a heritage sort of thing and the crowd will just stay on the old side

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why would you attend a festival with a “crowd” you have such disdain for? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Waking up relatively early on a Sunday morning is. 

Just to give you an example, I applied for Taylor Swift lottery tickets and have 0 interest on her music. I wouldn´t have joined the sale or lost a single minute if it was a traditional queueing sale. Let alone a Sunday 9AM refresh one. I didn´t get selected but I would have bought tickets otherwise. I know many that did the same.

What about a lottery but you have to pay the deposit up front to enter? Would that take out some of the casual applicants?

On 10/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, midlifecrisis said:

Techy questions. If I go into work on a Uni campus and use their fast network, is the fact that hundreds of students could also be trying for tickets on the same network a problem? Is this the same as an IP address? Apologies I have no idea about this stuff!

depends on the setup, everything might go thru the same gateway and show as the ip address of that gateway - or it might not (i've come across both)in theory a lot of traffic from one ip address could be considered to be a denial of service attack (i guess the protection software is smarter than that, and can get a mac address or something to differentiate the devices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

I might not be out of the woods yet - I've got the order confirmation email but the payment is stuck at "Pending" with the bank....I get the horrible feeling I'm going to be contacting customer services in the morning.

is that Lloyds ((I'm asking cos I've has that before), if you look at the screen text it might give some alternative ways to verify - try those.

7 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I might not be out of the woods yet - I've got the order confirmation email but the payment is stuck at "Pending" with the bank....I get the horrible feeling I'm going to be contacting customer services in the morning.

Oh I’d say that sounds positive mate. Loads of my payments for all sorts sit as pending in my bank. Good luck!