2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I connect computer to the hub using a cable rather than relying on Wi-Fi. , don’t know if it’s any better but it makes me feel more confident! iPad on Wi-Fi.  Phone on hand to verify bank details. 

It’s a good point, I’ve recently upgraded so my PC connection is now on Wi-Fi rather than an internal cable. Most of the time it’s really fast but yesterday it kept cutting out, and the existing cable no longer reaches. No idea what the issue was, but making me nervous for the 5th. 

57 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Be organised.

Don’t get steaming the night before.

Remove all distractions. 

Focus.

F5 like your life depends on it. 

Never give up. 

Mine is Cntrl R = no idea why but it is

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Make sure you’ve set that 10am alarm so you don’t oversleep 

The what time alarm?

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Away in Thailand at present and using a VPN for security I just got this when opening Seetickets Glastonbury page.....

I know some folks use a VPN to get a different IP on shared wifi but this could suggest it's detectable and maybe to be avoided 🤔

Screenshot_20231001-101500.png

From experienece a VPN is just another  unnecessary layer between you and getting through and doesn´t add anything or provide an advantage.
You´re better off just using your normal internet connection. 

Weirdly we´ve had more luck since living abroad (in Spain) than when we lived back home in the UK.  I wouldn´t be suprised if there is an international server or something .

Consider ticket/coach option.

Thoroughly check that all registration details are correct prior to the sale.

Get lots of people to help, even those who might not be attending, however, be mindful that more helpers can cause other issues. Best to choose those experienced in this situation.

Try not to be part of more than one group.

If you're on a PC/laptop, have all of your registration, card details on a separate word document, for easy cutting and pasting. 

Be ready an hour before the sale.

Run a broadband speed check, well before...just in case.

Consider using your phone too but disconnect the broadband and connect via mobile data, particularly if you have a strong signal.

• Upvote 2

Basic question:

There are 10 of us and two groups are going for tickets - if there is overlap, so that there are a couple of people being tried for by both groups; what happens if both groups successfully get into the bit where the names and numbers are being entered....does the second group get bounced out, or do they just let the ones who haven't got tix yet progress?)

(Sorry, I'm tired, and I've expressed that really badly. Hopefully someone understands.)

7 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Basic question:

There are 10 of us and two groups are going for tickets - if there is overlap, so that there are a couple of people being tried for by both groups; what happens if both groups successfully get into the bit where the names and numbers are being entered....does the second group get bounced out, or do they just let the ones who haven't got tix yet progress?)

(Sorry, I'm tired, and I've expressed that really badly. Hopefully someone understands.)

yep second group will get bounced out ... it will show that the registrations have already been used .... its a big risk and could potentially mess it up for others .... not worth the risk you need to just have 2 groups and then have everyone signed up to trying for both 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Consider ticket/coach option.

Thoroughly check that all registration details are correct prior to the sale.

Get lots of people to help, even those who might not be attending, however, be mindful that more helpers can cause other issues. Best to choose those experienced in this situation.

Try not to be part of more than one group.

If you're on a PC/laptop, have all of your registration, card details on a separate word document, for easy cutting and pasting. 

Be ready an hour before the sale.

Run a broadband speed check, well before...just in case.

Consider using your phone too but disconnect the broadband and connect via mobile data, particularly if you have a strong signal.

you still doing Sunday only ? 

38 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Basic question:

Group two will be cancelled out, too risky.